We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

Hope you can help - have never been to Spain and Corralejo looks really good!

I took single-parent son and two grandsons (now 8 & 9) to Turkey this year - self-catering near Olu Deniz and it was totally fantastic (but could have had a bigger sandy beach). We loved snorkelling. the shallow beaches, small aqua park, para-sailing, jeep safari, go-karts, restuarants, mountain etc etc - did quite a lot in a week....

So can anyone let us know how Correlejo compares? The fares to Turkey are quite a lot more but I'm not sure how much more everything else would cost in Corralejo. Planning to cook breakfasts and maybe do picnics but would be eating out most (if not all) nights and making the most of the activities available.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated - can't do many more holidays with them so want it to be the Best......

Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

I'd echo Sheila's comment about the "Britishness" of Corralejo.

It's our favourite Canaries destination as it's the LEAST British, most Spanish/Canarian.

I believe an English breakfast or Sunday roast is there if you want it but it's not as in your face as other places.

And, if eating out most night is the OP's plan there aren't many places with such a selection of restaurants in such a compact area.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
523 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

We have had several enjoyable cheap family holidays in Corralejo, with ages from 1 to 7. We didn't do the watersports (yet) so I can't comment on them, but for lovely beaches with a desert island feel and family friendly eating out it's great. I have never been to Turkey though, so I can't compare them.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

I was very pleased to read Sheila's post on this forum. I love the Greek Islands, but have booked Corralejo for a week's holiday at the end of March as it is too early for Greece. We've never been to Fuerteventura before but after reading Sheila's post I am positive I've made the right choice, as it sounds just as lovely and friendly as the Greek Islands with lots of bars and restaurants and budgets to suit all pockets. Roll on 29th March!!

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

Last summer we went to Tuscany for two weeks, the first time in 10 years we'd not been to Fuerteventura and for all we enjoyed every minute of Italy there was always that little hankering that we'd rather be on Sotavento or playa grandes.

I think you really should give Corralejo a chance, you'll not regret it .

Edited: 16 October 2013, 23:08
corralejo
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

Corralejo has something for everyone.If you want it quiet and to do nothing , its there , if you want it active with Karaoke bars at night its there . Full of good restaurants and loads of friendly bars .

Give it a chance , you wont be disappointed .

We`ve been going back for 20 years .

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

I totally agree with Sheila, think you would enjoy, We went a few years in a row, then for the last years have been trying other places...I have just booked to go back in January for our thirtieth anniversary and I can't wait!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

I totally agree with Sheila, think you would enjoy, We went a few years in a row, then for the last years have been trying other places...I have just booked to go back in January for our thirtieth anniversary and I can't wait!!

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
295 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

SheilaW is totally right... There is LOADS to do on the island here, and not everything needs you to open your wallet.... you can of course book many fun activities and excursions but there is loads to do for free as well :-) After reading the initial post from LindaAnne I too thought that Corralejo would be perfect for her and her family... The first few advices given were not correct ones and I feel you are gonna miss out :-/

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

I would have to agree with SheilaW on this point Corralejo is just fantastic and we have made good friends over the years, we have been travelling to Corralejo over the last 12 years, 9 consecutively and we still havent seen all that Fuerteventura can offer we have had the relaxing holidays, hired cars and travelled been both summer and winter, stayed in Hotels and Self Catering and having travelled to over 25 countries still struggling to find a more relaxing friendly place and you can go from one extreme to the other in minutes either busy busy busy or just relax-Plenty to do if you want and fantastic for kids and solo travellers.

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Will we like and can we afford Corralejo?

Rt stockport united kingdom

I can only endorse sheila b's comments.

Having had a 3 year break from corralejo and, having stayed in different parts of the island on previous visits,What is available, in terms of scenery,activities,eating out options,beaches etc, certainly makes the island,more than just a 'one trick pony', so to speak

Have visited the other canary islands, along with both greece and cyprus, i would not hesitate in nominating fuertuventura as my favourite destination. December will be my 4th time that i have returned so,,need i say more!

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo