We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Staying at Bahiazul next summer and plan on walking into town on evening, as it seems to be quite a walk I wonder if anyone can tell me which is the quickest route and if there are any bars or restaurants on route.

Does anyone know if you can use the bars in other hotels and villa complexes in the area for example Parque Natural and Mirador Lobos Golf.

Thanks in advance for any information

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

There's a bar opposite Mercadona which is quite close to you. For the centre, just keep going straight down the hill until you hit a roundabout with various places: Tiffanys cafe/restaurant, a cake shop, a pizzeria and Caspers Belgian bar. From there, there are various routes into town. You'll find street maps in the villa, I'm sure.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Have stayed in the area several times, be aware its at least a 30/35 min walk to the harbour area of Corralejo and not for the feint hearted in the hot sun. Its a 3 euro taxi ride there and back. Always worth considering hiring a car if your staying in this area.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

I too have been looking at this area as there seems to be a lot of villas in the area. When you say half hour to the port is there quite a few places to eat and drink on the way down or is it just at the port or the strip. Also are the taxis frequent because sometimes in different resorts they don't tend to want to do the quick short journeys. Never been to Feuteventura but it seems to be ticking a lot of boxes with us having a 5 year old.

Sorry for hijacking your thread B-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

It has to be said that this area of Corralejo is somewhat remote from the centre of the the main town/harbour area. Personally I would not stay in the area without a car. If staying in a villa I am sure you will find the local taxi number. You might have a little difficulty explaining exactly where you are for a pick up but taxi's are frequently in the area and stopping one is quite easy. The focal point in the area in the Mercadona supermarket. In my opinion its the best in the area. It has a great fresh fish and meat counters and plenty of

good value wine and beer. Ideal if you are self catering a few nights in your holiday. Just across the road is the only bar in the immediate area. Its a friendly Spanish place used by the locals.

From there its another 10/15 min walk to the next roundabout as described by Sheila. The bar there, Caspers is a great place with a huge selection of beers. From there your bear left along the main road then right and 10 mins more you hit the 'tourist' area. As I am writing this, the wife is adamant that its at least a 40 min walk too main shopping/.bar area from Mercadona ! If you have a 5yr old in tow, I would say walking would be a bit difficult. Taxi's from the centre of the town are easily available and short journeys are the probably 90 per cent of their work.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Luckily we like to walk and if it ends up being too far then we can always use the taxi option, El Campenario is somewhere that keeps cropping up how far away would that be from Bahiazul. we will be there when the World Cup is on and may spend more night's in the villa, with the BBQ and Hot Tub just relaxing.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Walkers should find it no problem going into town, but going home would be uphill all the way, making the taxi option more attractive. El Campanario is sort of on your way into town, just a bit of a detour to the right after going straight on at Caspers.

If you're real football fans you may prefer the ambiance of the sports bars, with their massive TVs and partisan crowds, to watching games alone in your villa. Mind you, I really can't advise on that as I hate football and will avoid TVs like the plague while the World Cup is on. :)

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

Good advice once again from the trip advisor family :-)

if this complex is bordering on too far out for us would anyone be able to recommend another villa complex or good 4 star min hotel which would make our first visit to the island more memorable and more likely for us to come back.

if we stay in a villa we would prefer our own pool. Apart from that anything goes with us. I keep looking on Google maps when someone mentions places to stay or to eat so I am getting a visual idea of how the land lies but any extra help is always greatly appreciated.

cheers bob

8. Re: Route to town centre from Bahiazul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo