We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

end january???

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
end january???

Hi, I have just booked to go to dunas club apts for the last week in January.

Does Anyone know How busy it will be then, do the places close early etc...only ever been may or Sept time, but its our anniversary.

Also it as been ten years since I have been, has there been a lot of changes to the resort?

Lastly weather what will I need to pack, hot/ warm/?

Thank you tina x

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,085 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: end january???

Hello Tina,

Last question first: temperatures could drop to a night-time low of 10-12°C, more likely 15°C. Daytime temperatures are likely to be in the high teens or low twenties. There could be cloud, could be rain, will most likely be some wind around, but you'll almost certainly see a lot of sun, too. So, it could feel quite chilly or really quite hot. I know that makes packing difficult but I would advise thin layers. Full coats are rarely needed, and cardigans/light jackets are normally better, plus a long-sleeved top and several short ones. Don't forget beachwear, either. The sea will be bracing but possible at about 19°C.

I've only been here 15 months but there have been quite a few changes in that time on the level of businesses opening and/or closing. A big shopping centre called Las Palmeras has been built fairly recently on the strip. Was the El Campanario shopping centre, a bit away from the strip with a high clock tower, open 10 years ago? Why not do a tour on Google Earth? It's reasonably up to date.

The Baku Water Park will be closed but everything else should be open. There aren't really high and low seasons here, in fact some bars close in August as it's their quietest month.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: end january???

Hi, thanks Sheila I was hoping you would reply lol. The weather sounds perfect for me I don't like it hot hot... The last time We came I can remember that a new bar had just opened virtually on beach, somewhere near hopaloco?? Had really nice terrace with lovely seating, We went for our last night and it was closed :( I'm hoping to find it again.

I was just a little worried that bars and eateries closed, my hubby loves the music square so hoping that's still going too x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: end january???

Hi, thanks Sheila I was hoping you would reply lol. The weather sounds perfect for me I don't like it hot hot... The last time We came I can remember that a new bar had just opened virtually on beach, somewhere near hopaloco?? Had really nice terrace with lovely seating, We went for our last night and it was closed :( I'm hoping to find it again.

I was just a little worried that bars and eateries closed, my hubby loves the music square so hoping that's still going too x

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,085 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: end january???

Music Square is buzzing, don't worry! There are a couple of bars at the beach side of Hoplaco but I don't know if things have changed since your last visit - they might well have done. The thing here is that quite a few people open bars/restaurants, but not all of them make a profit. They close, someone else fancies their chances, and so it goes on - but for every place that closes, another opens, so it isn't dead by any means. One place has changed hands 3 times in 15 months! But other places, like Rock Island Bar, have been thriving for 20-odd years.

5. Re: end january???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:19