We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchair access

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
wheelchair access

We're thinking of booking a week in Dec or Jan and there are some good offers for Corralejo but would appreciate some advice. Is it suitable for someone in a wheelchair? We walk a lot during the day to keep our daughter occupied so need good level access. We visit Lanzarote a lot ( Puerto del Carmen and Costa Teguise) and like Tenerife ( Arona end) so thought about a change. We do lots of research on apartments before we go but if anyone has any recommendations we would appreciate your input (wheelchair friendly and near bars/ restaurants so we don't have to walk too much in the evening as well)

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheelchair access

There are quite a few people using wheelchairs around Corralejo and we see a lot of mobility scooters, too - quite a few are single people so it's clearly viable. The area is very flat - if you look at a map you'll see there's sea just about everywhere: well the land rises very slowly until the edge of town. The state of roads, paths and pavements isn't always great, but as you aren't a solo wheelchair person that won't be too much of a problem.

As for hotels and apartments that are wheelchair-friendly, I'm afraid I can't advise. I'm sure some are very suitable, but others probably not so much. Unless someone else can advise I think it may be best to check out accommodation here, on booking sites and by googling them for any other references. Any worthwhile accommodation should also have their contact details available and be able to give you a tailored response. If there are one or two that interest you, let me know and I'll go and have a look.

I must say I've often wondered how wheelchair-bound clients manage in the bars here. I'm sure there are many that are suitable (there are just so many here), but this place sprang up in the 60s when planners weren't quite so thoughtful. Some do have their loos downstairs or tucked into small corners.

Have you contacted the tourist information centre? It seems exactly the sort of question they should be ready to answer. People here may be able to say that this bar or that restaurant has wheelchair access, but really I imagine you could do with a whole list. The TO details are here: spain.info/en/informacion-practica/oficinas-…

Cardiff
Level Contributor
377 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheelchair access

Disabled access is not a problem around corralejo but if you need disabled toilets they did seem in a bit short supply.

3. Re: wheelchair access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo