We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heated pools

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
heated pools

Which hotels/apartments have heated pools in winter? We have been the last 3 years in January staying at Atlantic garden and Fiesta Corralejo gardens and both have pools that are freezing cold. We are only looking for clean s/c apartments at a reasonable price.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heated pools

I'm sorry, I don't know of any pools that will be warm. I have to say that it's a Canaries-wide problem as far as I can see. I've stayed in places with heated pools: I suppose they were warmer than the unheated ones but it wasn't a significant difference. It's one of the few "negatives" I can think of about Corralejo! I hope someone comes up with a complex with truly warm water.

However, we do have a municipal swimming pool now. It's tucked away round the back of Mercadona, entrance opposite the golf course. I haven't used it but I believe it's at 25°C in the winter. It's also in a dip so should be nice for drying off in the sun. But there's no bar etc. :(

south yorks
Level Contributor
400 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heated pools

Where is the golf course please Sheila? Presumably in Corralejo, but have never seen it. Thanks Julie

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heated pools

There's a 9-hole course in Corralejo and an 18-hole in Caleta. The one in Corralejo is really well hidden as it's surrounded by housing. From the Oasis Tamarind roundabout (Caspers bar and Tiffanys) head uphill. Keep straight on, past Mercadona supermarket then turn right at the blue-and-white Bahia Azul villas. You'll see the golfer statue on the left.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heated pools

Not aware of any pools that are heated but I do swim most Januarys, in the apartments we stay in and i have to say its only the first few seconds that are brrrr and then I get used to it especially if you dive in.

5. Re: heated pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo