We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Just after a little low down on what has changed in the area of Corralejo / El Campanario since our last visit in Jan 13.

We are over in a couple of weeks for our annual 2 week chill.

Mentioned in this post
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
halifax
Level Contributor
897 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

We went for Christmas last year and this year and not much has changed at all as far as we could see we had a great holiday hope you enjoy yours as much.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

When we were there last time they were doing some building work across from the shopping centre on the main drag. Also I have heard that the supermarket in the Campanario has been increased in size?

Am I right in thinking that there are plans to add a bus station near the Botinical Gardens?

I know these are only little things but we like to keep updated on changes or things that are happening. Also like the new motorway.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,239 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Hi, most notable change for us was the main drag in Corralejo is now free from being a building site. The road works have ceased & it looks far tidier. There are other more subtle changes-some bars have closed & some name changes have taken place. Other than that, Corralejo is still the great resort that it was & long may that continue until we return in the shortness of time-june 2014!

Mentioned in this post
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

One shop has opened across from Las Palmeras, Matt - yet another perfume place. The other isn't making any progress, probably due to the fact that the entrance is blocked by a portacabin so they wouldn't get many customers in. Hiperdino at El Campenario is indeed bigger, and the entrance is in a different place. And the bus station is taking shape across the roundabout from there. I don't know what was wrong with the present one - maybe there will be two soon. Oh yes, there's a new chill-out area built out over the sea at the Bahia hotel and they're still doing something else there, with piles driven into the sea bed.

Various places got tidied up for the filming of Exodus as you can't have 21st century artefacts on the beaches along with Moses; I heard they even moved a windmill down Cofete way.

New motorway? What new motorway? There have been sporadic sightings of men and machinery but nothing sustained.

I was surprised recently when the trampolines halfway down the main strip became a minigolf; then both that and the trapeze/trampoline thingy disappeared. Shame as that looked fun. As said, a few minor changes but you'll still recognise the place.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Hi Sheila.

Sorry to jump in on the thread.

Do you know who works in stables bar theses days ?

And also if Laura (Scottish girl) still works in the underground bar?

We used to come over a lot ,mid 2000's and there were some really nice people out there.

A lad from Blackburn ,nickname chubs and also frankie a Chinese lad who was great on the karaoke singing lion king songs etc.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Sorry, but although I know both of them I've never been in either so I can't help you there. I know they're both still open, that's all.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

Thank you Shelia that's a good update. 2 weeks tomorrow and we can see for ourselves.

We have been coming for 12 years now, 1st time when I was 20, now 32 with 3 children and we love it even more. Wasting days away in the El Cotillo lagoons. Sat in the El Campanario sipping sangria listening to the guys singing.

Absolutely love the place.

Thanks again

Matt

Mentioned in this post
El Cotillo
El Cotillo
Fuerteventura, Spain
8. Re: Whats changed in Corralejo over the past year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo