We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

I am going to Corralejo in August and staying at the Bahiazul villas - can't wait!

Just wondering about a couple of things - how long does it realistically take to walk from the villas to the main strip in Corralejo, and to the old town? Also are there many bars/restaurants near the villas?

Also I know about the Mercadona near the villas but read that it is closed on Sundays- we are going self catering and arriving on a Sunday morning, are there any good supermarkets open near the villas or are we better off going into town?

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

Hi. I really think you will need a car. The villas are considerably up from the start of the strip. Whatever about walking down at your leisure you'll be knackered walking back up. In fairness most of the newer build properties are back from the strip. I believe the villas are wonderful so you shouldn't worry on that score. If you arrive on Sunday head dowm to the El Campanario shopping centre. If you get there around noon, you'll find a local band, market stalls, bars/cafes all next to an extensive supermarket. Taxis are about 5 Euro to and from most spots. Enjoy.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

We have considered these villas on a number of occasions, but due to the distance to both the main strip and the El Campanario centre we decided against it. Or certainly until the children are a little older.

I would say its a good 15 minute walk to the top of the main strip, maybe a little less if you are quick ish walkers.

We stay about a minutes walk from the El Campanario centre as we love the atmosphere there both in the day and the evenings. It close enough to the main strip and far enough to have piece and quiet.

If you are thinking not to have a car, I personally think a car is a must so you can see some of the beautiful parts of the island public transport can't reach.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

Thanks for the replies. I am definitely considering hiring a car for a couple of days to explore some more of the island!

15 minutes doesn't sound too bad at all, did double that in Playa Blanca and Puerto Del Carmen last year! So we'll stick to walking and cabs within Corralejo, there's 5 of us so 1 Euro each for a cab journey :)

Thanks also for the tip about El Campanario, we'll most likely go there the day we arrive, sounds perfect.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

I had a look on Google and they recon it's 30 min walk!! Maybe I didn't realise it was actually that far.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

I think 30 to the strip and 40 to the old town is more realistic, but El Campenario is a little closer. BTW, the craft market starts early on Sunday am and finishes by 2pm. It's very large and very popular so if you want to get seated for drinks/lunch/live Canarian music you need to bag a table.

Locally, there's a bar opposite Mercadona and then a few bars at the Oasis Tamarind roundabout at the bottom of the hill. If you go left there along the car park you'll find a small supermarket but I don't know if it's open on Sundays. Hiperdino at El Campenario certainly is. BTW, there's a little supermarket diagonally across the roundabout from El C. that's open pretty much 24/7 - always useful to know about.

I'm sure you'll make good use of the taxis for your homeward (uphill) trip. Those that take up to 8 passengers don't cost any more, and 5€ should see you home, with maybe a bit more for a tip. There are a lot of properties being sold in that area now so hopefully we'll get a bus soon, but not for this year's hols.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

Thank you very much for the replies, really helpful :) 30 minutes still isn't a big problem for us, we'll just walk in and get cabs back - probably a good idea to actually get some exercise anyway haha!

We'll definitely try to get to the market, sounds like a perfect start to our holiday, plus the timing is ideal as well as we have an early morning flight landing at 10am.

Thanks again!

7. Re: Bahiazul Villas - surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations