We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

I have just booked flights for 9th feb ,10 days at a villa on geafond up by the national park.i am in the process of booking an Astra type car ,at the airport ,think I'm going to go with cicar ,comes in at £212 pounds for 11 days hire ,fully inclusive ,inc a child seat.does this sound good?

We last visited in 2006 (we discovered Orlando,and it ruined everywhere else for us;)so I would like to know your top tips of places to eat ,drink ,shop,sun bathe,,and also ,what big changes there may have been.the new shopping complex was not there last time,nor the new Olympic pool.

Will el campinaro have enough going on ,for us not to have to venture into the town centre all the time?

We used to drink in stables,the underground,and talk of the town,are they all still going strong?

What about the plaza,where the 5 pints pub was ,with all the restaurant ,is that still going?

And out of town ,in costa calleta ,is there still a shopping centre there?with a Burger King etc?

Do we have a McDonald's there yet?

Sorry for all the questions ,but we used to love corralejo ,and we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

Goodness, you sound as though you're looking forward to coming back - I'm not the least bit surprised! I can answer some of your questions.

I imagine the new shopping complex you mention is Las Palmeras in the strip, but maybe you're talking of the big Mercadona supermarket close to your villa. Olympic pool? Well, there's a municipal pool opened between Mercadona and the golf course, but I don't know what size it is as I've never visited.

El Campenario is one of my favourite places, particularly at the weekend: flea market Sat am and enormous craft market Sun am, with live Canarian music both lunchtimes. I believe there's actually live music every evening of the week. There are a couple of restaurants and some bars, a games/bowling alley, and things for the younger kids upstairs. Across the roundabout you'll find the "botanical gardens" which don't amount to much but there's a great picnic spot with fabulous views, kids swings and a skate park. On another arm from the roundabout is a small open-all-hours supermarket and Flintstone's bar. Drop in on a Monday evening for a chat - my husband entertains there then.

Nearer to your place, there's a bar opposite Mercadona and there's the Tamarind roundabout with Casper's Belgian bar, Tiffany's café, a patisserie, Clarkie's bar, a pizzeria and a couple of surf hirers.

The first 3 bars are still going strong, and you'll find some new ones opened (as well as some closures). The plaza is rather sad at the moment, with just the Chinese and maybe a Mexican restaurant. There was talk of a McD opposite Las Palmeras but it hasn't come to anything yet.

I only ever hired a car twice before bringing my own over so I can recommend Autoreisen but I do know that Cicar is very highly thought of - barely a complaint and the number of their cars on the roads is phenomenal.

Can't help about Caleta as there's so much going on in Corralejo and El Cotillo that I don't have time to spare for anywhere else.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

Thanks very much for your answers Sheila ,,,,yes,we are really looking forward to it,,it has done nothing but rain here ,since we got home on Monday:(.

Might see you for a chat ,thanks again.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

Umm, actually it's been pretty much the same here, but at least it'll have been a bit warmer. And we do get some nice sun between downpours.

Apologies to all the tourists here at the moment - it doesn't always rain; honest!

4. Re: We have booked:))) .any advice appreciated .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo