We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

I read that they were doing work on the beach in front of the hotel, removing rocks. Does anyone know if this work is now finished? Thanks

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

They were using explosives last week to remove rocks. It caused some controversy but apparently it is approved by Spanish Costas!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

I think they're now onto Stage II of the work. They've already built a chillout lounging area out over their little bay on one side, now I believe they're doing something on the other side.

Hmm - blasting, eh? That might well solve some of the mystery noises lately!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

To confirm Sheila's post, as well as improving the beach itself, they are building a pier/walkway on the south side of the bay. I sent an email to the hotel as I was worried about possible noise from the beach. I received a detailed reply, very impressed. The beach work itself is ongoing by the council to improve beach access to what is now called Coco Beach and as well as removing rocks they have planted some new palm trees. The hotel says the work is outside their control and hence they can't give a completion date. As for the second pier/walkway they have already installed pillars and are currently putting up the structure, but they say this is not a noisy activity and it does not affect guests as the rooms located in close proximity are not being occupied. I was also invited to contact the hotel nearer my departure date for an update, and will do so.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

I also contacted the hotel and was informed of the same, again invited contact them again nearer the time of my visit which isn't until Sept.

The following formed part of their response which I am happy with

"Unfortunately at this time we cannot confirm the exact completion date, but

we are almost sure everything will be finished before the start of summer. "

Edited: 11 March 2014, 19:47
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

Is t really noisy? I am due there in eight weeks, my first holday in five years and am really worried now :(

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

More of the email

In the future there will be two walkways on the water as another is being built on the south side of the beach. The walkway on the south end of the beach has already the pillars and they are currently putting up the structure, but this is not a noisy activity, and it does not affect our guests at all as the rooms located in close proximity are not being occupied.

7. Re: Gran Atlantis Bahia Real

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations