We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from airport to corralejo

ayr
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from airport to corralejo

Hi ,

Going to be staying at hotel oasis papagayo sport and family. Was wondering if I took shuttle transfer from airport would this be one of the first hotels to stop at? Don't fancy sitting ages on a bus but don't want to pay for a private transfer if this is one of the first stops.

Thanks.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Not easy to say, I'm afraid: it could be one of the last depending on the route they take. I'm sure the two RIU hotels in the dunes will be the first, but after that the coach could go to the others in just about any order. Maybe someone else has specific experience, but even then I wouldn't count on their experience being true for you.

The problem with the shared shuttles is two-fold: (a) you may be sitting waiting for other flights to land before the coach fills enough to leave; and (b) there's just no way of knowing how long it will take to get to your hotel.

Note that it takes 40 minutes to drive from the airport to Corralejo in a private car, so you're adding time on top of that. Mind you, a taxi may be a tad quicker as they seem to know where the police are, whereas if I don't obey all rules they always find me out :).

Have you considered hiring a car? One of the basic ones may be about the same for a week as a return taxi transfer. And it gives you more freedom during your stay (e.g. to explore the idyllic lagoons to the north of El Cotillo).

Fuerteventura, Spain
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Last Minute do airport transfers for 9€ to Corralejo. Their mini-buses only take 11 people so not lots of drop-offs like you tend to have on the companies who use big coaches for transfers.

www.fuerteventura-transfer.com

ayr
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Thank you Sheila for replying. Very helpful information. Not sure about driving though....roundabouts etc (-:.

Probably just book speedy transfer...(mini bus).

Thanks again.

ayr
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Hi ,

Will probably just book mini bus as shorter transfer.

Thanks for help.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

We went To Oasis Papagayo on our first visit to Corralejo. As I can remember we were first drop off after the RIU hotels.

Have a pop down to Clarkies bar, nice place for a quiet drink(beware of her cakes 1 bite leads to another which leads to another cake) out of reception through the car park and straight over the roundabout and its about 50 yards down the road.

ayr
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Clarkies bar sounds good, so does the cakes.(-:

Looking forward to my trip.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

You might serious want to consider whether you want to risk booking a shuttle transfer from the airport. Other than the Last Minute transfer, which we didn't know about, as far as we can tell, no matter who you book through, the majority if not all transfers are organised by local company Viajes Urbis (AKA "Quick Travel - that's a laugh) using buses owned by a company called Grupo 1844. Last week, after queuing up 20 minutes at desk 10 in arrivals simply to be told which bus stop to stand at, we and loads of others then waited 2 hours in a freezing cold north wind with little sun and no sign of a bus for us, but plenty excuses from Urbis staff. In the end, 14 of us (not together) just gave up and went and got taxis to our hotels/apartments. The people at the front of the queue had been waiting for a full 2 and a half hours and that's on top of the queue in the terminal. Hopefully, every other family will be doing the same as us and making a claim against their booking agents. And if a bus does turn up, as others have said, you could be first or last depending on the route that day, who knows. If loads of travellers stop booking transfers in Fuerteventura, maybe they'll think about organising a half decent service. Right now, apart from investigating the Last Minute service, we'd never consider it again.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

How much is a cab from the airport to the centre of Corralejo?

Trying to work out whether it's best to pre-book or just turn up and jump in one on the day. Don't think we'll bother with the shuttle.

We are two adults, with just hand luggage.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Hey

A cab on the meter from the airport to the Mar Adentro (just past Atlantic Bahia Real) in Corralejo cost me 51E, only be a Euro.or more to the centre of.Corralejo.

Mart

Edited: 18 March 2014, 17:35
Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from airport to corralejo

Thanks Mart. That's a bit pricier than I anticipated. I assumed it would be around 35 euros each way.

Is the bus stop outside the airport easy to locate? We're arriving at 10.45am so have plenty of time to reach Corralejo. Maybe we'll save the money and bus it instead!

Bus 3 to Porta Del Rossrio then bus 6 to Corralejo, right?

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo