We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to FTV and Corralejo

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to FTV and Corralejo

Well after a lot of head melting I have decided that the next family holiday is going to be Corralejo,We will be going for the 1st 2 weeks in July.

My next decision has to be where to stay.

It will be 2 adults and 3 children 13,11 and 9.Looking for apartments with entertainment onsite,decent sized pools and preferably near the beach.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

The more I look now I am thinking Caleta de Fuste.Someone please help!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
906 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

There is loads of accommodation. Have a look on TA accommodation reviews and price the accommodation and check availability. Some of the better places may start filling up soon.

Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste?

It depends what you like. There will be plenty of entertainment in both.

The plus side of Corralejo are the marvelous beaches close by. Caleta de Fuste has a man made beach which the local authority are having to spend some money on to restore the sand.

Caleta is a purpose built resort. Corarlejo has lots of tourist accommodation, however it does have more of a local Spanish flavour in the centre by the port.

Have a look at what others have said about the merits of both

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Looking at your requirements you will be looking for a 2 bed apartment. Oasis Dunas & Oasis Papagayo both have 2 bed apartments. Dunas has entertainment on site, Papagayo used to but not sure if it has now. The down side is, both are not near to Flag Beach. Dunas out of the 2 is closer to the Strip which is the road to the Old Town. There are many bars and eateries on the Strip or in The Old Town.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Hi minty25, not sure if there is any entertainment but have you considered Fuentepark. They look good, close to beach and family friendly. We love Corralejo ourselves, never stayed in Caleta so unable to comment. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

I have also never been to Calleta , Have been to Corralejo before and returning in 3 weeks so a huge thumbs up from me , great restaurants,bars , lovely beach's and weather to die for . You wont go far wrong booking a stay there :)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Thanks everyone.Am veering towards Corralejo.Looked at Oasis Dunas and saw their pools are salt water.Have never come across that before so wondering would it be an issue?

Am going to look at Fuentepark now!

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Been twice to Oasis Dunas its not as salty as the sea!!

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
903 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Haven't stayed in Caleta for a holiday but we were put up there for a night due to flight delays a couple of years back, and from what we could see it was very quiet, and that was in June.

We've stayed in Corralejo three times now, returning in a few weeks time with daughter and family. It's a lovely laid back resort, with the music square providing evening entertainment along with loads of other bars, also the El Campanario Centre. Plenty of eateries catering for all tastes.

You can also also get the ferry to Lanzarote if you fancy something different.

Re the seawater pool, we've used them in Egypt and we've been fine; as Mooreclan says, they're a lot less salty than the sea!

Wherever you decide, have a great holiday!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Thank you everyone for your replies.I have booked Oasis Duna so looking forward to it now.

Auchenblae, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to FTV and Corralejo

Oasis dunas is great, been there 5 times now, kids love it every time - Enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo