We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euros airport home or corelejo

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brentwood essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
euros airport home or corelejo

Hi am going to corelejo early June am wondering whether to get my Euros at home or wait till I get to fuertuventura what would be the better rate and would it be best to get in airport or corelejo any recommendations would be very helpful am staying at the oasis duna.. thanks

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

Hi Paul-we recently had 1.2016 euros to the £ in The Money Shop. If you can get similar in UK-take it as probably wont get that in resort at the moment. Friends recently returned & advised us. If you do wait-check out the Link (main st by Rock Café) & the many electrical outlets for their rates. We used them before & had good rates from them. The Link (& their other outlet Kings by Penny Lane) also good for alcohol prices too!!! Oasis Dunas not too far away from them either. Hope this helps!

London, England
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

This morning Thomas Global Exchange are offering 1.21. They have various offices throughout London or you can order online.

Airport rates of exchange are the worst you can get.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
848 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

In town last week they were offering €1.18-1.19 with no commission. If you can get better than that in the UK I'd go for it.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

I forgot to say that is what you get, no commission.

CHESHIRE, ENGLAND
Level Contributor
203 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

If u plan to get them at the airport, buy on line and collect the airport, I did this last year when the rate 1.13 I have paid upfront and just collected them from travelex I couldn't believe it if I had just bought them there the rate was 1.03!!! At the moment travelex have the best rate.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,685 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

Are there no ATM machines? I have always found they give the best rates wherever I am.

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

NEVER get money changed at the airport, you'd be throwing money away

suffolk
Level Contributor
91 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

Yes lots of ATM machines in town

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

Exchanging cash at the airport is a big no no as rates will be crap for sure. Using some ATMs will also incur extra charges for every transaction/conversion-is it worth it? Probably not as too many euros will be lost. Better spent by yourself on items you need.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,685 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euros airport home or corelejo

Glad to hear there are lots of ATM's.

You always get stung when changing money however you do it but especially at airports. I have found that the ATM conversion rates are competitive. The transaction fee varies from bank to bank but it is not so bad if you get a reasonable amount (3/300$) at a time. I do not like to travel with large amounts of cash so this works for me.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 16:04
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo