We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Hi iam travelling on 21st june, i have been to caste caleta last year but wanting any info on oasis duna and corralejo possible, im travelling with 2 teenagers and a 2 year old and my partner . I have read that oasis dunas 2 bed appt are all on the ground floor , is this true? Im hoping not as wanted an upstairs appt. does anyone know if there is swimming with sea lions on the beach in corralejo as there is in caste caleta. Any info on outside entertainment for my age groups would be greatly appreciated.and which ferry trips are the best. Thank in advance.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Have you looked through the forum and the reviews already? I'm quite happy to help with information but it seems to me that all the general questions you've asked have already been answered recently.

But the swimming with sea lions? I don't know Caleta well but it's the first I've heard of that and it sounds rather unlikely, at least in the open sea. Could you give some more details? Meanwhile, I'd have to say no, I really doubt you can do it here. But there's a marine biologist here who takes people out to see dolphins (not to swim with them though) and he may be able to find whales although that isn't guaranteed.

sunderland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Yes i have read most forums, at calata there was a area at the harbour just off the beach where you could swim with sea lions, it was all enclosed tho, looks like a trip to caleta, thanks for yoy help tho

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Just another dubious tame animal show, if they train the sealions like they train captive dolphins which is staving them into submission then you should stay away.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

From my understanding of Oasis Dunas the two bed apartments are on the ground floor.

sunderland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Thanks for your replies. I would hate to think that this happened to these poor animals,any animal infact. And thanks mooreclan, i emailed the hotel and all 2beds with pool view are on the ground floor however they do have a couple off uppers else where,hope i get one as my toddler would run away as soon as the doors are open. Any info on the best ferry trips,thanks

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Never been on ferry to Playa Blanca but have been there on holiday very similar to Corralejo. Some reps told me that snorkelling of lobos is good or doing the glass bottom boat trip but have never done it my self.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

I've been to Los Lobos (several ferries per day or there are luxury catamaran excursions - find out at the booths in the harbour) and you can just walk around (including up the volcano I believe) or snorkel off the rocks in various places, or there's a very calm and shallow lagoon for swimming and sun-bathing (turn left off the boat). There's a restaurant of sorts (turn right off the boat) that does two fish dishes only (book on arrival) but also does ices and drinks. Bewxare: there's no shelter at all on the island - it's basically a rather bleak lump of rock but a very interesting one and a nature reserve with salt deposits etc.

Playa Blanca makes for a nice change, with a nice promenade and welcoming bars. Similar to Corralejo in some ways but it's very sprawling. There are 3 ferry companies. You very often see flying fish which are fascinating; and there are occasional dolphin sightings.

I haven't tried the glass-bottomed boat trips but they should be very good. Deep-sea fishing appeals to some. For a DIY boat trip you can hire canoes and the bay is gentle enough for anyone I should think; for those that like it a bit rougher you can take a canoe around the point but it looks terrifying to me.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

stayed here in april and asked for upstairs, we were in a 2 bed apt, we got ground floor.

loved it though, ideal with kids. new water slides opened in the pools whilst we were there.

great location. plenty sunbeds for all.

sunderland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it,emmasophie is it right that the ground floor appts , the terrace is all open. Ie as soon as the door is open my daughter could run away?

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any info appriciated.staying at oasis duna corralejo.

Lisa that is right there is terrace but think there is a dwarf wall round part of it.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo