We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

We will be S/C in Corralejo and would appreciate some well recommended Restaurants, cafes, bars and supermarkets please.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

You can do no better than consult the reviews here for restaurants - I can vouch for the fact that the vast majority are serious reviews (including the ones I've made ;)). There's just about every cuisine you can think of, at just about any price. The same goes for bars and cafés really. So much choice that it's best to follow your nose.

Supermarkets depend on where your accommodation is. Most of them sell a similar range of products at pretty similar prices - it wouldn't be worth going to the other end of town when you're bound to have one nearby. The only possible exception would be Mercadona. That's the biggest and is a bit cheaper if you stick to their own brands (Hacendado or something similar?), although fresh produce can be exorbitant (e.g. mushrooms @ 2.20€ for 250g whereas my local Inpescasa charges about 3€ for 1kg). But you'd need a car for Mercadona unless you're staying in the newer Parque Natural area to the south of the town.

What I will recommend is the El Campenario shopping centre on a Sunday. Not for the food (though the cafés are fine) but for the enormous craft market until 2pm and the live Canarian music from noon. There's a great atmosphere, all the craftwork has been produced locally making it great for souvenirs, and all the shops are open. We often walk from there into town in the afternoon via the coastal path around the bay.

Enjoy - I'm sure you will!

Leeds
Level Contributor
489 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

As Sheila says Corralejo is a great place for eating out with just about any kind of meal you want. HiperDino supermarket in the El Campenario centre was extended last year to double it's size and now sells anything you will need for s/c . Their fish counter is particularly good. If you don't have a car there is a taxi rank outside so you can do a big shop all at one go.

Enjoy

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,633 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Far too many places to list-check the reviews for them & decide when in resort. Whatever takes your fancy-you'll find in Corralejo from Asian to tapas bars & restaurants. Many all you can eat Chinese buffets at giveaway prices! Indian's-Fazz/AmberJaipur to name a few. Mexican & Brazilain meat feast etc etc. As for bars-many have entertainment. So it depends on your preference,karaoke/bingo/quiz. We particularly enjoy all the Irish bars with live music nightly. You're never ever far from s'markets & many large ones around. We like the Spar (Las Palmeras shopping center lower level). Many Hiperdinos/Impecassa & the very large Mercadona about 25 mins walk away out of town. To do a large shop there you'd need a car. Prices of ale/spirits are dirt cheap in the s'markets & we're glad about that! Hope this helps. Regards!

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Can recommend casbah in the old town

Edited: 02 June 2014, 18:41
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

carne small spanish restaurant, great food for lunch, gret value and the beer on tap is lush.

slow boat wok 2 - great oriental buffet as good as they come.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Casa Manolo (check reviews here) for a typical Spanish, great value, menu del día. It's a quietish wee place run by a Galician family so it's fortunately not full of british tourists looking for chicken nuggets!

Three courses plus drinks, bread, coffee comes in around €8 pp.

Rustington, West...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Avenida all the way for sheer value and a typical of the beaten track place to eat in Corralejo!

cant beat the value and free bread and garlic sauce is to die for! €7 for a steak try and find that anywhere else

Fish plate for two is amazing as is the Paella.

Cant wait till my next trip in Sept!

For a sunset meal and romantic setting go to El Cotillo and look for Azzurro Wow!!!!!!

You'll love the drive over past the Lagoons

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1047914…

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Many thanks for the replies, I had a quick browse through some recent posts and a few names keep coming up so i'll be noting those down and giving them priority.

Roll on the 26th of July, we last stayed in Corralejo in 04 so we're really looking forwards to it.

Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

Sheila,

The Market sounds brilliant!

How would we get there this Sunday fromThe Oasis Village?

We are completely inexperienced in this area, is there a nice walk we could take or maybe a bus route?

Thank you, and may I say you are a life saver with all your advice - Brilliant!!

Lee

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best eating places in Corralejo for lunch and evening meals

From Oasis Village to El Campenario, just turn your back on the strip and go for i.t! I believe OV has entrances on the main road and the smaller parallel one - El C is at the convergence of the two by the big roundabout. Not far at all! The walk around the bay is just perfect for us while fitter people walk much further, even to Villaverde or El Cotillo along the coastal path/unmade road.

Haven't been on it (and probably won't), but I do know that there's a walk up the nearest volcano on Monday mornings with Gary, starting 10am at Dunas Caleta (one road down from OV). Just take water and a tip for Gary - the hotel are fine with it. Maybe take some fresh unsalted peanuts, or bits of fruit or veg with you, too. Just in case you find something to feed them to :).

Take the N°6 bus to the dunes, or the N°8 to Villaverde (caves, horse-riding, restaurants), Lajares (nice place with a lot of chill atmosphere in bars and restaurants), and El Cotillo (fabulous lagoons to the north and good restaurants).

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations