We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the weather looking?

Bridgend, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Hows the weather looking?

Arrive a week today just wondering how the weather is looking? Really excited, staying at Oasis Duna apartments heard alot of lovely things written about it.

Are mosquito's a real bad problem as my son always gets bitten!

Any advice would be gratefull .

Rustington, West...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows the weather looking?

Mozzies can be a problem depending on how strong the breeze is? Buy him an arm band from Boots and be sure to take a bite pen again from boots or superdrug, do a room check bedore you go to sleep, remember you can hear if a Mozzie is around in a quiet room at night by a distinctive buzzing sound.

You can google weather forecasts for the next 10-14 days for almost every part of the Island ,

Hope you have a fabulous holiday.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 11:48
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows the weather looking?

We use a plug-in liquid mozzie deterrent/killer every night of the year, though they're never a major problem here as there isn't a lot of water for their breeding purposes. But if you have tasty flesh then I don't think there are many places in the world that are guaranteed mozzie-free.

It was beautiful yesterday but a bit on the chilly side in the wind today. Quite a lot of sun around though.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows the weather looking?

Chilly even in the day Sheila? Crikey :(

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows the weather looking?

It was chilly today....glad to get on the plane. I was sitting outside in the terrace area hoping for a few last rays of sun. Thick horrible cloud. When the sun is out its hot. We had two days out of ten that I would call all day very hot. Four days no sun until around 2pm. The rest was mix of sun and cloud. The pool was warm in our villa as it was not that big and had a good pool cover which suited us. I had a family member staying at Oasis Duna and she said pool was chilly.Cold at night. Would never go back in June. Not with guaranteed hot weather day and night in Greece or Cyprus. Same flight time. I would return in Nov or March when the weather here is awful and we are grateful for just a small amount of sun. Maybe it will clear and they will have a baking hot summer. I still got a nice tan and loved the old town and harbour area...you will enjoy I am sure.

Bridgend, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows the weather looking?

Thanks for the advice all, i do hope the weather is nice but ill just appreciate the break, will be disappointed if the pool is cold for the kids mind, oh well only 6 days to go!

Bridgend, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hows the weather looking?

Thanks for the advice all, i do hope the weather is nice but ill just appreciate the break, will be disappointed if the pool is cold for the kids mind, oh well only 6 days to go!

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows the weather looking?

Hi Michelle

Don't worry the kids will be fine it's the adults who notice. My sister had her stepkids with her they were fine. I'm sorry if I made you worry...they will love it I promise. The complex is fab for kids she said. I am a just kid free sun lover so only speak as. Mine are all grown up. The break was fab for us..K

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows the weather looking?

"Would never go back in June. Not with guaranteed hot weather day and night in Greece or Cyprus."

I do hope you won't live to regret those words, RamsgateKim. I thought the Canaries guaranteed exactly that! I've only lived here for two years but locals tell me it always used to be hot, hot, hot. This year it isn't.

Is it just the Canaries having a blip? Haven't we been hearing about rather a lot of blips around the world? Draught in monsoon season? Floods everywhere? Coldest... wettest... hottest... driest...

Anyway, it's all relative and I still haven't taken my winter coat out of the wardrobe since the day I arrived. Our pool's at 26°C most days, 28°C if it's sunny and not windy. It isn't THAT bad; it just isn't as great as usual.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows the weather looking?

We go in a week and whatever the weather I'm sure we'll have a relaxing time, after all that's what holidays are for to relax, and in the end a holiday is what you make it. I love the sun and warmth as much as the next person but I won't let the lack of it spoil my holiday.

10. Re: Hows the weather looking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo