We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What no luggage tags

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What no luggage tags

I've booked my hols throught personal travel advisors for the past 9 years. We have always had luggage tags sent throught the post with final comfomation the it's alll paid. We have booked via Jet2 this time but no tags!!! Do I need them or will I get some at the airport

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What no luggage tags

Very expensive at the airport. Places like W H Smith and Poundstores often have them.

Do not put your name and address on the tag as it will tell crooks at the airport your house is empty. Name and postcode is sufficient as post code is usually down to a tiny number of houses.

Normally a luggage tag will be put on your luggage at the airport when you check it in.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What no luggage tags

Dont need them. The only tag Jet 2 give you is one of your hand luggage.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
777 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What no luggage tags

Technically you don't need an address luggage label, the hold bag gets a bar coded label with the flight number its all about cost saving.

Leeds
Level Contributor
379 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What no luggage tags

Why would you need luggage tags they are not used by the airlines ? Put your name and address inside your cases in case they get lost. If you need to identify your case get a strap with your name and put it around the case

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What no luggage tags

I bought tags here. We usually put the name of the hotel and area we're staying at incase we lose our cases, that way whoever finds them knows where we are and on return, put our own address inside the tag for the same reason but we don't put our own address in the tag before flying as a security precaution.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 14:18
Blackpool...
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What no luggage tags

I've booked my recent holidays on the internet (including a Jet 2 holiday) and made my own luggage labels with cardboard (eg: a finished cereal box !) One time a friend of mines luggage didn't come through on the carousel,but it was delivered to the apartment the next day,so I would always advise using luggage labels and put your email address on the return journey instead of your home address,and if it gets misplaced you can easily be contacted,and no one can see where you live.

west midlands
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What no luggage tags

I have made my own for years, I put my name and address inside the case,on the outside of the case I put tour names,the flight number and name of my hotel.

I tie a ribbon on the handle so we can quickly identify the cases on the carousel.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What no luggage tags

The airline will use their own barcode

merseyside
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What no luggage tags

You can get them in B & M or most discount stores. We got some brightly coloured ones from here last year so easy to spot your luggage on carousel. I would agree with the other posts as to not put your home address on when your flying out!

Leeds
Level Contributor
379 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What no luggage tags

Bit late with the advice beachlover .This thread was started in June 2014 he is probably back home by now

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo