We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment Oasis Duna

Bradford
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment Oasis Duna

what is entertainment like at this hotel, we are travelling with our 14 year old son for two weeks in August. will weather be warm? Are bars near hotel or are nearest ones on the strip?

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment Oasis Duna

The location of Oasis Dunas is great. A short stroll takes you to a number of bars and restaurants varying for all budgets and taste buds. Never staid in the complex on a night so cannot comment about evening entertainment, during the day in Feb was a quiz and background music don't know what entertainment will be like in August.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,210 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment Oasis Duna

I stayed there for 6 nights a while ago and I'd say that it was probably standard hotel entertainment. One night there was a singer, Michael/Michel, and he's good, but you can see him in Rock Café, Waikiki etc. There was the locally-famous parrot show, that's worth a visit, I suppose. The rest was rubbish in my opinion but then I hate karaoke, those who prance around miming and pretending to be Elvis or whatever, drag acts... Probably others go for all that or it wouldn't be around.

There are at least 15 bars here with live music. There's also an area called the Atlantico Sol where there are discos etc mainly for the younger set. Many other bars are mainly sports bas with enormous TVs, others are just bars with background music. Kids from zero up are welcome in them all at all times and there are often things behind the bar to amuse them: crayons for younger ones, playing cards, board games, sometimes video games. Weridos has a Wii (if that's what you call it). In Music Square and Restaurant Road (British names for places in the old town) there's live music but also street entertainers - jugglers, fire-eaters, balloon modellers...

What I'm saying is that Oasis Duna is a great hotel with lovely apartments, pools etc., but please do get out into town in the evening. I guarantee you'll enjoy your holiday more.

As for directions: the hotel is near the strip, so everything's close at hand, though it's at the top end so to see everything you'll need to walk all the way down and then straight on through the old town as far as the new ferry harbour. But taxis back are cheap - 3-4€.

However, there's also the El Campenario Centre in the opposite direction. Again, live music nightly and at weekend lunchtimes (Canarian music then), several cafés, bars and restaurants. Also a games arcade with bowling and various machines. You can arrange excursions from there, too. If your son's into skateboarding, the park is opposite (in the botanical gardens - big name for a pile of earth with a few thirsty plants, but a lovely spot for a picnic). Just on the far side of the roundabout is a bar called Flintstone's. Drop in on a Monday evening and we can say "Hi!" as my husband plays there then.

Enjoy!

3. Re: Entertainment Oasis Duna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo