We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
138 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

Hi All .... I hope this is not seen as advertising.... The first trailer for the epic film by Ridley Scott have been released and can be see here....

…apple.com/trailers/fox/exodusgodsandkings/

The film crew spent the majority of time in Fuerteventura over the winter period 2013 / 2014 and although the scenes have a "dark" side I suspect a lot of special effects were used to get the stormy effects (Not our usual "Blue Skies!!"

Hopefully this post will be allowed to stay as it is not every day that an Epic expected Block Buster is filmed on a small Island such as Fuerteventura.... If you were here last winter photos and stories from locals were circulating the internet with locals and holiday makers seeing such stars such as Christian Bale, Aaron Paul, Joel Edgerton, John Turturro, Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley around Corralejo

It is reported there was over a 1000 locals involved as extras, support crew, drivers ect ect involved....

So next time someone asks "where are you going on holiday? " you can reply with you know that Island in the Canaries that Exodus was filmed ;) ;) ;) ;)

In the Trailer there are scenes that are from Cofete in the south of the Island but in the film there were lots of scenes filmed in El Cotillo behind Corralejo Sand Dunes and La Oliva.....

Edited: 09 July 2014, 01:48
Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

Hi Tim,you're quite correct. We were drinking in what was Paddy's bar last dec when lo & behold about 20 people walked in on block. Money seemed to be no object & they all had a great time for about an hour singing/dancing to Dave O'Neill's tunes. We were then told they were from the film Exodus whch had been filming in the area. I'm no film buff, so I don't know if there were any 'famous' stars amongst them!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,602 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

It certainly provided a lot of employment, even if it was just for a few months. I'll be having a good look to see if I can spot my neighbour, who had to grow a full set for the film and really looked quite the part after a while.

I know it wasn't the first film shot here, but I hope it won't be the last, either. I know that Tenerife was the first choice but they were told to get lost as it would damage the environment too much, so maybe that has benefited us. I hear one of the Monty Python crew is considering the location now.

Did anybody notice any damage? They certainly got a bit in the way a couple of times, e.g. when they closed off areas of the lagoons in El Cotillo, but before filming they went over those beaches with a fine-toothed comb: you can't have a fag end in shot while Moses is parting the Red Sea, can you :)?! I'd say they did a lot more good than harm. And maybe the best is still to come, with increased tourism.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

I love Fuertewentura !!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

While on the subject of film locations If anyone enjoys sci- fi Enemy mine is on Freeview Chanel 32 movie mix tonight at 6.50pm and shot on location at Timanfaya's National Park, Lanzarote, Including the sights of El Gofio.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

This is it! I was on Fuerteventura on holiday this year, was watching film and hit pause when they came up the mountain so they could see whole Cofete. I was like, no way ;)

That view is like so you never forget it, so I've checked on google and here it is :)

Edited: 25 December 2015, 01:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

A view certainly to behold and never forgotten the first time, however still amazing twenty, thirty trips later.

I’m just glad I did it with the help of Cicar and not in a chariot from the prop department of 20th Century Fox. LOL

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

On the subject of ways to reach this amazing part of the island, I was astounded the other week to see a somewhat breathless German-speaking hiker boarding the 12:45 No 111 chariot (see image below) at Cofete Beach, I'm fairly certain saying to another passenger he had walked all the way from Costa Calma. He had passed a group of us at a bus stop on the FV-2 just south of Costa Calma around 9am. Whether he walked via Barlovento Beach or somehow over the mountains, I have no idea, but it was some feat in less than four hours.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images…

Edited: 27 December 2015, 20:29
8. Re: Filming of Exodus Gods and Kings in Fuerteventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo