We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Innerleithen...
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time

Hi me and my husband looking for something different for our spring holiday. We usually go to benidorm / mainland spain because of the short flight time, however we bit the bullet and went to tenerife in march and had a ball. Now we want to try fuertaventura. But we are not sure where to go. We like self catering , and somewhere with good entertainment at night . Please help with ideas, jane

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
844 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time

Read about Corralejo on this Forum

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time

Hi mrsh46, look no further than the fine resort of Corralejo. Many bars/restaurants & things to do. Lovely beaches (particularly out of resort). Take a look at reviews/recommendations. Many s/c options available-try not to go all inc as you'll miss out on the opportunities of sampling different places. Hope this helps! Cheers.

Innerleithen...
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time

Hi scarletrugby, do you have any recomendations of a good apartment that is quite central. Sorry for asking but dont want to be miles from anywhere . Thanks jane.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time

Hi again we've stayed at Las Palmeras (& again in dec for my 50th), Dunas Caleta, Alisios Playa (last june), Maxorata Beach, Brisamar (last dec), Caleta Playa, Oasis Dunas & all are central ie few mins from main street/nearest beach. Also, Dunas Club but that's by the harbour & Mrs S says too far to get me back at night as my legs sometimes let me down! Other central ones inc Dunapark & Fuentepark. Take a look & decide what's available & price that suits you. For example, we go back 10/12 for 2 wks s/c & have paid exactly £600 with Low Cost Holidays & stay at Las Palmeras (was Club Las Olas when we stayed in 2008). All of a similar standard but Caleta Playa was right on the beach & really ideal at the time. Hope this is of help to you.

Innerleithen...
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time

Thankyou very much. Have lots of thoughts now. Will have a good look. Think my husband has legs like yours so will not be going to that one. Jane

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time

Hi Jane-really have a good look at what you can get. Corralejo is lovely & has much to do/places to eat & drink at for all tastes. Best of luck.

Leeds
Level Contributor
393 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time

Hi mrsh46 You say that you are looking for somewhere different. Corralejo is nothing at all like Benidorm or Playa los Americas so it is certainly different. We always self cater as there lots of good places to eat a few music bars etc for nightlife. But Blackpool in the sun it aint.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time

Peter-oh so true & long may that be the case. Corralejo is just about right as it is!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time

I'm just wondering whether Corralejo is indeed the right place. As peterdrake above says, you'll find it very different. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed so I just want to let you know that, although there are over a hundred bars, cafés and restaurants here, it's all quite quiet. There's barely a restaurant to be found open at midnight, and even the bars start winding down around then, though you'll find most still open at 1pm. By 2am, many are shutting. The only exceptions that I know of are a couple of places in the Atlantico Sol centre (some small discos popular with youngsters) and the Waikiki on the beach.

Most places here are family-run i.e. small places, and bars tend to have single entertainers - live music, karaoke, quiz nights...; or enormous TVs showing sports, soaps etc; or surfing bars with huge wall-sized surfing videos. Live music has to stop at midnight (at the latest), due to a local bye-law, which is one reason why things start to wind down so early. The Waikiki and the 7 Pints are the only places I know of who put on shows: drag acts, comedy acts etc.

I hope you're still keen on coming here; but at least you won't be coming here under false pretences. ;) Self catering is certainly the way to go here and it's pretty flat unless you're right in the south of the resort (Parque Natural). Loads of choice - none are perfect but they're generally clean and sufficient for S/C holiday needs. Anyway, who wants to spend all day in the apartment when you've got such lovely beaches and activities?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time

As above posters have said, Corralejo is nothing like Benidorm. We went there once in Sept 2008 and because of the hectic, albeit fun nightlife, we enjoyed we were so knackered when we came back we felt we needed another holiday! We haven't ventured back there yet but if we do, it'll be for a long weekend rather than a holiday, well..we are getting a bit older now!

All the Canaries offer something different, Lanzarote for example has the most amazing rugged landscape you'll find almost anywhere, Fuerteventura's sandy beaches, Gran Canaria's nightlife and dunes and Tenerife's wide variety of entertainment, all are exceptionally good depending on what you like. Corralejo has some good restaurants that offer live music in lots of the bars. Corner Rock, Rock Café were good as was a bar called Robins Nest, this one doesn't do food, it's more a proper old fashioned bar but is one of the friendliest places we've been on any holiday. You might be surprised at how you'll like Corralejo, we were and plan on a return sometime in the future.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 00:16