We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corralejo

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Corralejo

Booked Corralejo for the first time in October half term. First time in Canary Islands and we normally go to Cyprus or mainland Spain. I am now not sure I have booked the right place although its too late to change.

Staying at Dunas Club and have seen some reviews saying it is in a quiet area. Can anyone advise how far away from main bars it is and is the walk safe? Last time we went to Benidorm we daren't walk around.

We are all inclusive but always eat out. Can anyone recommend restaurants?

Would you recommend the trip to Lanzarote? Is there a market day or anything like that Fuerteventura? My daughter aged 12 likes to browse.

We aren't looking for amywhere hectic but do like to visit bars on a night for a couple of hours. Will the bars showing soaps/sports and doing quizzes still be open in October as a friend told me the resort closes in September. Feeling anxious

I appreciate anyone who can put my mind at rest.

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
527 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corralejo

We are off to the Dunas Club at Christmas. From here I have found put it is the quieter end of town but only 10 minutes walk or so to bats, restaurants, Marina etc. someone on here will correct me if I am wrong lol. I too was worried what I had booked but my mind had been put at rest..

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corralejo

Hi, stayed s/c at Dunas Club dec 2008. It's 5 mins to harbour & in a quiet location & only I min from promenade walkway. Large s'market 2 mins away & other side of hotel. Once at harbour, you're virtually in the old town area-many quaint bars there & restaurants too. From there it's 2 mins to the main street where there are many more eateries/bars etc & various roads leading to other places. Look at 'whatsonfuerteventura' online edition for tips/advice on places to see/eat/drink at. This is also freely available in resort as an orange booklet too. Check out restaurant & bar reviews here on T/A by clicking links above. Far too many to individually mention. This is an all year round resort & will be open in October-so what you've been told is simply wrong! Many bars for all tastes-rock/blues/live music inc the various Irish bars which are great & our favourite places to imbibe at! Other 'Brit' bars will do karaoke/quiz/soaps/sports etc. Rest assured, Corralejo will be open for business & NO need to worry at all. Hope this helps! Regards!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corralejo

I'll answer one of the questions...We have been 3 times on the day trip to Lanzarote, first time picked up a coach trip, for us, we just loved Jameos del Agua designed by Cesar Manrique, we also just wanted to see whether we would like to stay in Lanzarote. For us, the answer was no as we love Corralejo, but that is just our opinion. The other two times we took the car across,mainly to go back to Jameos just so fascinating & the history of why / how it was built etc & also to see Manrique's house in Teguise. Also recommend the Timanfaya National Park, sure you will find the day interesting. Get an early Fred olsen boat, make a day of it & then a lovely evening back in Corralejo remembering your day..Well worth it in our opinion.

Hope that helps!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corralejo

I'll answer one of the questions...We have been 3 times on the day trip to Lanzarote, first time picked up a coach trip, for us, we just loved Jameos del Agua designed by Cesar Manrique, we also just wanted to see whether we would like to stay in Lanzarote. For us, the answer was no as we love Corralejo, but that is just our opinion. The other two times we took the car across,mainly to go back to Jameos just so fascinating & the history of why / how it was built etc & also to see Manrique's house in Teguise. Also recommend the Timanfaya National Park, sure you will find the day interesting. Get an early Fred olsen boat, make a day of it & then a lovely evening back in Corralejo remembering your day..Well worth it in our opinion.

Hope that helps!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corralejo

We agree-the trip to Timanfaya Nat Park was well worth doing. We did it when we stayed in PDC & inc camel ride/lunch/town visit & the park. Really awesome trip & can be done from Corralejo as an organised trip too. No rush to go back to Lanza-it would have to be a real bargain for us to return. For us, Corralejo is where we want & like to return to.

Leeds
Level Contributor
354 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corralejo

There is a good craft market in the Campanario centre (clock tower ) on Sundays that your daughter should love also true Spanish entertainment. There is a big market on the edge of town but I cannot remember what day it is on.

As for being safe to walk around you will have no problems. Enjoy!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corralejo

Market re post 6 is a Friday and you are very safe walking around. Benidorm and Fuerteventura is like comparing chalk to cheese.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Corralejo

Corralejo never closes, believe me! Even the water park will be open all year round now that it's changed hands. The Canaries in general are an all-year-round destination. As for walking around, I feel perfectly safe on my own at all times of the day or night. Of course, you want to keep your brain in gear, which tourists don't always do ;).

Dunas Club isn't outside the resort; it's on one edge, overlooking the little ferry harbour and marina and no more than a couple of minutes from the start of the bars. You can also get a drink at any one of the three places on your own block. And Café Lounge, on the ground level outside your hotel, is a British-run bar/restaurant. The ones you'll want are the Irish bars, mainly, and they are mostly a bit further away. But when a taxi from one end of town to the other is €3.05, and €3.45 after 10pm, why not treat yourself?

The Sunday morning craft market at El Campenario is our favourite, as they really are local bits. The other market outside the water park is on Tuesdays as well as Friday mornings. There are other smaller ones around.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Corralejo

Fuerteventura is, so far, my favourite of the Canary Islands, having spent a considerable amount of time on Lanzarote and Tenerife as well. Trust me, safety is not an issue at all. I honestly felt safer on Fuerteventura, and indeed on the other Canaries, than I do in my home town, or most places in the UK, and if anything did happen there is a strong police presence in Corralejo. I could recommend 1 or 2 restaurants to avoid but follow TA reviews and you can't go too far wrong. I went recently as a group of 5 friends, the island suited us perfectly as it is so laid back but with plenty of places to go - we spent most evenings on the seafront in one of the wonderful bars near the old town. Believe me, it is not anything like Benidorm. Being part of the Canary Islands, winter is 'high season', so don't worry about the resort closing down, whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about, quite frankly. I would recommend going to Lanzarote if you haven't been before as it is also a wonderful island and you may want to consider it for a future holiday. The trips to Timanfaya is worth doing, and the Manrique sites are worth considering if it is your sort of thing - my girlfriend and I went to Fundacion Cesar Manrique which was OK, but we wished in hindsight that we had visited some of the other Manrique sites as well. Regarding markets, the one at El Campanario is great and well worth the visit.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 01:12
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Corralejo

Thank you for all the replies. Definately feel better about it. We are actually looking forward to it now.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations