We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat?

Which Calella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat?

The last time we were in Calella was 3 years ago, we are visiting again for 5 nights in July.

Can anyone recommend any nice reasonably priced places to eat? in the past we have enjoyed meals in Casa Carlos restaurant but the reviews look very mixed! Can Miquel seems to have some good reviews as anyone been recently? I'm not sure where this is, is it on the main road more or less facing the bowling/crazy golf?

Never been in early July before what kind of weather do you think we can expect?

All help will be much appreciated.

Diane

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat?

i am hopeless at remembering names of restaurants but there are a few good places.

i like casa carlos but it has got expensive, more so since they started with the outside tables and the service is like most spanish restaurants in that they expect you to be there for a while, rather than just in for a quick bite, and so do not get the fast food idea.

further along the street, going away from calella centre is an italian restaurant/pizza place with a large outdoor area - it is on the corner of the street-and this does really good italian food, not just pizza.

in the old town there are a number of good restaurants, and if go up the street directly in front of the station towards the main road there are a couple of good places including one with a large green trefoil sign which does great spanish food -not been in there for a while though.

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat?

I am just trying to get my bearings - is the Pizza place just before you get to Santa Monica hotel? and are the other places close to the Miami Park?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Diane

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat?

you have got it.

you could also try gringo joes, at the white horse

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat?

Great!

Thanks again for all your help.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
954 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat?

The Italian by the church , don corleone I think its called , is quite nice as is Luna gaucha just up from it.

I have never eaten at gringo Joes but many say its nice for more bar like , brit food.

Abu Dhabi, Abu...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat?

I thought the only answer here was going to be "La Roda". They do THE best roasted chicken in the world, as far as i am concerned. You might think that I am exaggerating, I guarantee you, ITS THE BEST!

It's located just off the main shopping street, the exact address is Carrer de les Creus, 8.

It doesn't get any more "authentic" than at "La Roda". They have declicious Jamon, Serrano, Pata Negra etc. Their muscles are delicious too!

Its always packed and you cannot make a reservation so either go in early or be ready to wait 30 minutes at the door, but trust me, it's well worth the wait.

Enjoy :)

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat?

Hi celticwarrior,

Thank you so much for recommending the Luna Gaucha. It was fantastic we were only in Calella for 5 nights and enjoyed 3 evenings at this lovely restaurant the food and service was outstanding!

We are going back to Calella in a couple of weeks and can't wait to visit the Luna Gaucha again.

Thanks again.

8. Re: Places to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:18