We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train to Barcelona from Calella.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
train to Barcelona from Calella.

Can you help me please? I am travelling from Calella to Barcelona in October. which train do I use and what route and can I buy a 3day train pass which uses the train and bus. Many thanks Barbara Diaz..

Paseo Maritimo Manuel Puigvert
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Guard Towers Las Torretas
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Observation Decks & Towers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
983 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

From Calella the trains either go toBlanes or Barcelona. I think you can buy a T10 ticket which will let you have 10 train/bus/metro journeys and would include the calella -barcelona-calella Journey

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

I am confused about the T10 tickets, surely I cannot use one to maker the Calella to Barcelona journey? The cost of the T10 is about the same as the entire journey.

I thought the T10 can only be used within zone 1 of Barcelona?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,718 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

I also thought that Calella would be outside the T10 route too? Although I believe you can use it to the airport from Barcelona.

Malgrat de Mar...
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

…gencat.cat/portal/…

may help you understand a bit more

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

You can use t-10 from Barcelona to Calella but the basic 1-zone t-10 is not valid, you need a 5 zone T-10 that is more expensive...

1 Zone 10,30€

2 Zones 20,30€

3 Zones 27,70€

4 Zones 35,65€

5 Zones 40,95€

6 Zones 43,55€

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

We've just come back from Spain and used the train to and from Calella and neighbouring Pineda. Kaiser's point about the T-10 and the zones is spot on. The line you will need to use is the R1 on the Rodalies service. Most trains will be listed as heading to l'Hospitalet de Llobregat which is the other side of Barcelona. The train stops at 4 stations in Barcelona: El Clot Arago, Arc de Triomf, Placa de Catalunya and Sants before heading toward l'Hospitalet. From Calella the journey is just over an hour and hugs the shoreline until it reaches Badalona.The trains generally run every half an hour (there is the odd time during the day when its every hour) from early in the morning until late in the evening. We've used the train service the last two years and cant speak highly enough of it.

The T-10 maybe your best bet, but it depends on how many journeys you will make in Barcelona.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

What us the best stop to get off in Barcelona fir doing the hop on and off boys tours?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

I meant to say bus tour

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

I meant to say bus tours

Skopje Region...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: train to Barcelona from Calella.

i've just seen than Calella is in zone 4, not in 5? what is true?

Also, can one T-10 ticket be used by two people in same journey?

Get answers to your questions about Calella
Recent Conversations