We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Callela v Malgret?

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Callela v Malgret?

I am going back to Spain in September, this time by train as I cannot face a Ferris coach again so soon.

My plan is to spend a night in day and night in London and do all the London stuff before getting the Eurostar to Paris and then a night train to Perpignnan. I will intend to spend a few days in Salou and then make my way back up towards the Catalan border with France. It is costing me £80 more than it would with Ferris but I get to spend a day and night in London and half a day in Paris so it is worth it. I have been wanting to go visit London again as a tourist for a while (I only use pass through London).

After my stay in Salou I I had planed to stay a couple of nights in Calella so I can say hello to and annoy some of the usual faces down there :p. I know Calella inside out and know the hotels now etc however this would be my third time of going there within 13 months so maybe it is time to try some where new.

I think Lloret itself will be too full on, there is Fennals but ideally I need to be near a station and Calella and Malgret are winning for this. I have been to Malgret but never found were the British bars are ore the proper old town. I found the church and a few shops there but compared to Calella there seems to be little there, is there a lot to Malgret I missed?

What time do the bars shut? I am not bothered about night clubs because frankly they are ten times better and cheaper back in Manchester. I just like to know I can stay out till at least 1:30-2:30 if I wanted to.

I love Callea because of the wonderful shops in the old town, and the bars in the new area. I have seven nights in Spain in total and I wanted to spend at least four in Salou.

wigan
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Callela v Malgret?

Are you sure it's that much to girona airport ? Though it would have been about 20-25€ , with it being closer to lloret

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Callela v Malgret?

lee,

done that journey too many times and yes that is the price.

there is a bus from gerona airport to lloret for €9, last time i used it, but it does not always suit me to wait around the airport to get it.

i usually manage to get the bus from lloret though.

wigan
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Callela v Malgret?

Ah right like a say I fly into Barcelona,

Is that one way or return ?

14. Re: Callela v Malgret?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16