We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferris holidays

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
ferris holidays

Hi travelled with ferris coaches many times over the years in summer months but just booked to go on 27dec with them has anybody got any tips on clothing or what is open in either calella or lloret at this time of year .any info would be a help

thanks

Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ferris holidays

Calella is a year round resort but the shops and cafe's etc. do close for a longer siesta during the day in the winter months. As for the Christmas time there are several holiday's that we don't get such as the 'immaculate conception day and many businesses are closed all day for these. You can find out all of these types of holidays from an internet search on google I'm sure.

As for clothes the weather is fairly mild on a comparison to the UK. However, don't expect to adourn your best speedo trunks or tinsy bikini on the beach as it will be a tad too cold! Same applies for the outdoor pool at the hotel unless a) it's heated or b) you are immune to goose bumps and feeling like a brass monkey. Besides the little bars actually on the beach are closed in the winter months. This doesn't mean you can't get a good San Miguel or Sangria on the main drag.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferris holidays

Hi sweet scarlet, thanks for the info .not ones for the beach just going for a long earned break just hubby and myself .mind you do like the shops though !! .

Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ferris holidays

You can shop to your little hearts content in Calella. The area is slightly deceiving in winter, from the outside it looks very quiet but once you have delved a little deeper and found the main place to shop then you are away! It's a great place to find cheap and cheerful things, many of the shops sell the same type of stuff but their fiercely competitive with each other so don't be afraid to haggle..its good fun. I am off to Holland for Christmas and shopping in Belgium on the way with a planned trip to Calella and surrounding area at Easter, its one of my fav places in Spain as it's so convenient for France too - which is another place I always can't wait to get back too.

I really hope you enjoy, maybe you could post back on here and let everyone know about the experience.

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferris holidays

Thanks sweet scarlet, have been to calella twice . I know the main street for the shops are they open at christmas time ? any sugestions on a nice restraunts we are a/in and the food in the hotels get a bit boring after a day or so. we were hoping to go to turkey for xmas as this is our favorite place but no flights.hope you have a fab holiday yourself.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferris holidays

Hi just come back from calella - 2 resteraunts i could reccomend in the winter are the chinese just opposite the hotel amaika - very reasonable 26 euros for 2 with drinks and there is an indian resteraunt just up the road by the hotel callela palace . great food and vert reasonable . i got back yesterday and it was 18+ november 24th 1 lovely and the main shopping street was vert busy .

LONDON
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ferris holidays

Hi vivrol

If you are booked with Ferris you may well see me at Victoria (if you paid the surcharge for posh coach) at least you dont pay extra on Siesta. I am going to meet up with friend from Liverpool

Leeds
Level Contributor
224 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferris holidays

hi we are also going on 27th december with ferris to calella palace.my husband me and 10 year old daughter.it was recommended to us so hopefully will have a good time.we really just wanted a break away from leeds at new year and think the price was reasonable.see you there

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ferris holidays

Have they stopped the smoking yet?

We travelled with them once and it was awful with a couple of chain smokers in front of us lighting up every two minutes!

south yorkshire
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ferris holidays

Went on Holiday with Ferris to Calella from May 21st 2007 on allocation on arival. Stayed at Bon Repos. No smoking at all on coaches. Do not recomend this Hotel as it was full of German and Swedish students. The food was very bland and tended to get what was left the night before. If you get put up here do not go out on the Friday as we did and missed the best meals of the week !!! - Chicken, Gateauxs, variety of other meats and dishes. Very tiring by coach, especially the journey home as they did not make many stops. The Ferris company themselves are good but needless to say we will not be travelling by Coach again.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ferris holidays

It is a bit of a trek - did it twice with Ferris. I wouldn't say never again, but it would be a last resort. Besides, as I have said in other threads, Ferris do offer accomodation only at their hotels at very reasonable rates so it's as cheap to get a budget flight and fly there. The smoking ban would be a distinct improvement.

Get answers to your questions about Calella