We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona El Prat to Cambrilis Park Transfer

Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona El Prat to Cambrilis Park Transfer

Hi All,

I am off to Cambrilis Park in June for 10 or so days and have just booked the flights into and out of El Prat (Barcelona main airport). Travelling with wife and 2 kids (6 & 3)

Before I booked I checked out resorthoppa for the transfer prices and even at the high cost difference to Reus it was still the cheaper option and the flight times are much better. I have yet to book the transfers and was wondering have people experience of using resorthoppa or similar services for this journey? I have always found resorthoppa excellent before (if a bit expensive) but my main questions are:

a) Typcially how long does it take to complete this trip on a shuttle – the resorthoppa website says 1 hour 20 mins or so but I have seen posts suggesting 4 hours (if this is true then there will be trouble in the camp!)

b) Does the bus drop and collect from the park (Website says Cambrilis de Mar – do they drop you in the resort somewhere)?

c) Any suggested alternatives?

Thanks

MM

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Barcelona El Prat to Cambrilis Park Transfer

Hi

Last year we used the express (local train) from barcelona's main station (sants). From the airport there is an underground connection, bus service and a train into Barcelona, plenty of choice. You simply turn up at the station and buy your tickets, there are ticketing machines available too. These translate the instructions into English. Tickets cost 8 euros each.. If you decide to use the train , go to Salou station, it is much closer to Cambrils Park than Cambrils station. Finally get a taxi from the station to the park, around 10 euros ( just over a mile away). Trains are fairly frequent too. There was room on the train for all our luggage. Large cases even fit in the overhead racks. You can use the Renfe (train) website to find exact train times. P.s. The local train timetable seems to be just available for the month ahead. So use just use this as a rough guide to your planning at this stage. The trains are air conditioned and quite roomy, space for everyone to stretch their legs and with toilets available.

Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Barcelona El Prat to Cambrilis Park Transfer

Thanks Boushka,

The train is another option we were thinking about but you’re the first to suggest it!

Have to say I’m liking the idea although the thought of lugging kids, cases and buggy through the underground and train stations is a bit of a pain but it should be a bit more comfy (and cheaper).

2 weeks to decide – can’t wait!

MM

13. Re: Barcelona El Prat to Cambrilis Park Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cambrils
Recent Conversations