We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old or new.

Which Cambrils hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Old or new.

Is Cambrils a modern type resort, or does it have some older parts.

I do like some traditional places to walk around and a harbour. I don`t like new concrete bocks everywhere.

Any historical places to visit on the doorstep. Roman / castles etc.

I`ve seen a good deal at Pins Platja, is this out of the town and too far to walk, I can`t actually find it on a map.

Southampton
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old or new.

Cambrils is sort of split in two. The harbour / port area has a load of nice al fresco restaurants etc whilst the old town is about 15 mins walk in land. The whole town is pleasant enough without the concete blocks that you mention. Its a quietly understated place with a dash of charm. As regards historical places, there's not a huge amount. Your best bet will be to visit the tourist office near the Parc dels Pescadors for more detailed info.

Tarragona up the coast is good for Roman antiquities. Its about 30 mins on the bus or about 15 mins on the train.

2. Re: Old or new.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cambrils