We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Poland
9 posts
Save Topic
transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

I'm searching for the best way (cheap and quick) to get from Girona airport do Platja de Pals (camping Interpals). I arrive on 18th of August at 18.30. Taxi Estrartit gave the price 110 EUR when going in 8 people. We are 4 people... Is anybody like me going there that day about that time? Or are there any other options to get to the camping in about 2 h at least. I looked for some other options (Sarfa, Ampsa, Renfe) but none of them didn't guaranteed me to be on place not too late.

What about travelling to and from Platja de Pals, are there any little buses to get to Sarfa bus stops (the nearest is in Massos de Plals?)

Can you tell me where can I find the taxi tariff:, why the taxi from the Girona airport to the centre costs about 20 EUR (15 km) and from Torrent to Platja de Pals (8 km) 33 EUR? Maybe I got a wrong offer?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Re public transport I can only refer to http://ptop.gencat.cat/vullanar/

in Catalan , but possible tu use with intuition or google translation.

however , I am afraid it will be too late in the evening , even if you cd get the 18.30 bus to G city

re Taxi - approx 1euro/km , but price may vary depending on the place , eg different tariffs in G and Bar-na.

re Torrent - the taxi probably departs from another town (Palafrugell??)

perhaps check another one .

PLease search the forum of P , G , B for related topics

(see the box / window over the posts).

Have you considered renting a car ?

pozdr

A

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Thank you for the info. I looked for the transport page ... - all routes go to SARFA. Ok, a possitive thing I found - there is a Camping Cypsela bus stop which is about 1,5 km away from camping Interpals.

Taxi: Do I understand well - if I find a taxi (luck) in Torrent and ask about going to Platja de Pals it will be better that calling a taxi or making a reservation in advance, as it can go from Palafrugell or nearby? If anybody knows the taxi company from Torrent please let me know- it would be also necessary for coming back home.

Renting a car is not necessary for us, we plan to explore the region with small children so we won't have too much occasion to travell a lot.

Besides Platja de Pals we plan to explore Begur, Pals, Torroella de Montgri (Castell de Montgri), Girona can be the farest touristic point for us. We will go to Barcelona, Figueres another time when the children will be bigger. Do you know any attractions for children besides beaches and playing gardens such as Waterfalls, mountains with some shelters to take a rest and interesting trails, castles, and so on?

How to get to the Castell de Montgri from Torroella, what is good to see in Girona for children, can you recommend any other interesting points in this area (rather quiet places)?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

You are welcome,

Sorry I cannot answer the questions ,

may be other forumer or perhaps DenisG-S comes over ?

Try Costa Brava or even Barcelona forum for bigger feedback

re: taxi in T - www.paginasAmarillas.es (yellow pages) do not bring any result

re: rented car - I mean you could use it as a mean of transportation ,

as public transport may not suit your arrival time table

A :)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

We have holidayed in the area many times with children of all ages and I strongly recommend that you hire a car if you can possibly afford it. We find that, when you offset the cost of the taxis to/from the airport against the car hire cost, it begins to look very reasonable. As public transport is thin on the ground and infrequent you will find it difficult (but not impossible) to visit the places you mention without a car.

Here is a link to the taxis fares at Gerona airport girona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/girona-a… There are always plenty of taxis waiting and prices are fixed and officially controlled.

If the Castell de Montgri you mention is the castle on top of the mountain, I wouldn't have thought it was a suitable outing for small children. Have a look at this to get som eidea of what you would be letting yourself in for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0txpkJMVl9Y. The castle at Begur would be a better option but still a steep climb in the August heat.

Our children have normally been very happy to settle for the pool, the beach and the sand with a day out at a water park thrown in. They also loved the lake and boat trip at Banyoles and the ride around around the beautiful village of Besalu in one of the little trains.

Girona
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Hello,

Renting a car is a very good option, because public transport doesn't cover the area very well (just interconnects the largest villages, but not the majority of beaches or smaller villages). Besides, public buses are a bit expensive so a large family will be paying quite much for every trip.

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

I appreciate all the tips from you and from Striker 46, AndFreL_bcn. I have to think over the subject of renting a car , but later....

All the Poland is berieved. We still can't believe ..., how unimaginable was the airplane catastophe in Smoleńsk, in which died: our President Lech Kaczyński, his wife Maria Kaczyńska and 96 VIPs of public and social life and safety of our country. Pain, tears and pray. A "sea" of flowers and mascs, a long queue to President Palace. Spanish premier confirmed his presence at the funeral. We try to find any excusion for such national catastrophe...

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

I need to add, that if you feel sadness it's very human, but I don't await replies on theme of catastrophe, I don't mean to change tripadvisor as it concerns tourism, if everybody would like to write one reply it would return vary sad. So keep it to yourself and I will be back when we Polish wil reconsile ourselves to this tragedy in our hearts and minds.

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Today in the morning our media informed that Spanish premier will be at the funeral, now media informed that Spanish King Juan Carlos, his wife Zofia, Jose Luis Zapatero premier and Miquel Angel Moratinos (foreign affairs minister) will be at the funeral.

I haven't been to Spain but the more I read about Spain the more I love your country.

And to be precise I wrote in the earlier reply about 96 people who died in the catastrophe - that is with the President and his Wife. Besides President couple there were 94 people (VIPs) who died.

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Renting a car makes man to travel a lot. When you decide you have to use it, as you pay for it. Probably more and on farther distances than would sometimes need.

I wonder what you meant for renting a car - to rent a car for one day and plan a trip around and give it back on the same day? Or to rent a car for all the stay?

When you rent a car at Girona airport you have to give it back there or in the center or you have to pay special money for dropping it off in Plas (if possible), am I wright? So if I rent a car going from the airport to Playa de Pals what I should do? 1. To give it back the same day and where, what price? 2. I should give it back next day , where, what price? What is the cost of renting a car for this one trip, is it a price for one day? . On my first day I would like to be on place to get familiar with the camping, the beach and so on, I have no will to travel from the begining of my stay.

I have some questions to Striker, what small beaches and villages you think about are worth of beeing there and the buses don't go there, give me some ideas please. And do you know the prices of Sarfa tickets on small distances, as I didn't find them. I only know from someone that children under 4 don't pay.

One is for sure ..._ I won't plan Castell del Montgri with my children.In Poland Castle vary one from another, sometimes you have a car road just under the castle and sometimes like Montgri you have to climb. Castell in Begur we can visit in the afternoon. Can anybody give me some tips which other Castles in the area have not risky ways to get to them and are they any with some staff inside, with the tickets, maybe some shows?

I will be also interested to visit daily markets in Begur, Pals, Palafrugell. Is it easy to find them?

I don't know if I go to Banyoles, it's a bit far from Playa de Pals. But for sure I would like to plan a boat or small ship at one of the the sea bays. Are there

any organized ship or boat short (max about 1 hour) tours from Calle de Palafrugell? Or from Llafranc, or any others? How long does it take to Medes island from L'Estrartit? (Maybe I should change a forum:) on this subject)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transport from Girona airport to Platja de Pals,

Do rent a car for your whole stay! I'm sure it'll work out cheaper than taxis and will be a lot more convenient because public transport in Pals is not very good.

There is a bus from Platja de Pals to Pals (via Cypsela) but I only know the stop at the other end of Pals beach and not sure if it also goes down to where Interpals is.

To get to L'Estartit you need a car and L'Éstatit is well worth a trip. There are glass-bottomed boats that go out to the Medes Islands from there. Also there's a Lidl in L'Estartit, open also Sunday mornings, which is worth knowing as local supermarkets in Pals are more expensive than Barcelona supermarkets. Lots of good reasonably-priced restaurants and more everyday shops than at Pals.

One castle you could go to is Gala Dalí's castle at Púbol near La Bisbal. It's a small castle that Dalí and his wife lived in (mainly her). It has a very atmospheric garden with sculptures.

Llafranc and Tamariu are pretty fishing-villages, also a lot easier with acar, believe me! Markets aren't daily in most cases, only once or twice a week (the campsite should have a list of which days); they are only in the mornings as it gets so hot at midday.

In fact because of the heat my suggestion is you plan to be on the beach around 10am if possible and go back to the campsite at 12/12.30; for us fair-skinned northern-Europeans it's really getting too hot by then (you need shoes to walk on the burning sand too!). Buy a parasol too, they sell them at shops at the beach. As you walk away from the beach you'll meet lots of Spanish families just setting off for their sunbathing! But then they have lunch towards 3pm.

Edited: 20 April 2010, 15:27