We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

children's activities

Petersfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
children's activities

Will be back in Pals next July with our lone 6 yr old; does anyone know if something like a kids club for a day/organised activities or perhaps day passes at one of the campsites exists for her to get some time with other children and give her a break from us?!

1 reply
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,356 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: children's activities

Cypsela is the most organised campsite (we drive past and check out how full the pool area is); maybe you could contact them and ask this question about kids activities. But activities for small kids aren't very likely to be in English in Pals because there won't be much demand. Our experience in July (every year) is that most holidaymakers in Pals are locals (Catalans), Dutch or French, with some Germans. We did hear Russian this summer too, for the first time.

You really don't hear many English-speakers and when you do I think it's often families like mine (mixed marriages) or else locally-based expats. And whereas European teenagers might have English as lingua franca that won't apply to small children so kids activities are more likely to be in Catalan and Dutch (say).

We have holidayed at Pals beach (in an apartment rather than camping) a week each year since our son was 5 but never looked for a break from him (or for him from us), between the beach and the pool, nice meals and odd half day trips we've always managed to fill the days . This year my niece (10) and nephew (4) were with us, and they enjoyed Empuries, for example.

They grow up fast: these days our son (now 18) escapes by going diving! L'Estartit (where he does some dives) used to have more British visitors but I gather it's not in UK brochures now.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 13:21
Reply to: children's activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted