We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martigny Train Station

Which Martigny hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Martigny Train Station

Hello,

I'm travelling from Verbier to Venice via train in a few days. I'm looking at train times and I will have 3 minutes to transfer from platform 50 to 2. Are they next to each other? I can't remember if it is 1 or 2 directly next to 50.

Your help is much appreciated!

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Martigny Train Station

Hi Hambagahle

Thank you very much for your quick reply and clear answers.

Have a nice weekend.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Martigny Train Station

On the way from Martigny to Chamonix, is it better to sit on the left or on the right (whether it's bus or train)?

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Martigny Train Station

On the train start of by sitting on the right as the train climbs up the mountainside you get a good view down the Rhone Valley. When you reach the top of the climb try to switch seats to the left hand side as you follow the deep valley all the way to the frontier.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Martigny Train Station

Personally I would sit on the right all the way. The train runs along a small stream, changing sides of the river from time to time. I don't think moving seats makes any difference but the view from Martigny up to Salvan is definitely best from the right.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Martigny Train Station

Hi, I'm very impressed with your knowledge of Martigny so wondered if you would know of a secure garage available to rent or buy very close to the station. I own an apartment in Montroc and would like to take the train from Geneva to Martigny and complete my journey by car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Martigny Train Station

The only thing I can suggest is that you contact local agencies that deal with renting or selling real estate. The parking around the station is all open air and while there is long term parking there I don't think it would provide what you want.

Athens, Greece
4 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Martigny Train Station

Hello i saw the conversation and i wonder if you could give me some iformation please!!I will be traveling from vallorcine to martighny and then i only have 5 minutes to catch the train for Brig.Will i have the time?Could you please give me some information?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Martigny Train Station

No problem. All you have to do is get off the train from Vallorcine, walk towards the main station building and then use the underpass to go to platform 2. There is a ramp and a lift if you don't like stairs. (Lift only on the side you arrive at though). Brig train will leave from 2. The entire adventure should take you about 3 minutes. 5 is more than adequate.

Athens, Greece
4 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Martigny Train Station

Thank you so much!Also could you tell me if i need a reservation for any of these trains and in general where can i buy the tickets?It's the first time i m travelling by train and i have no idea what to do...

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
4,582 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Martigny Train Station

There is no need for reservations. Just be at the station, find your train. Get on. Find a seat...