We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Which Waalwijk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Trying to find the best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk. Is there public transit that runs to Waalwijk? Have to be in Waalwijk during the day (2 days) but want to go back to Amsterdam for the evenings. Would I be better off renting a car @ 90 euro/day?

7 replies to this topic
Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

In my opinion, you will be better off renting a car. No trains. If you are to take the bus, Connexxion intercity bus will bring you to the nearest train station, in Den Bosch, in 30-45 minutes depending of the time of departure. And Den Bosch -> Amsterdam is 1 hour minimum. Waiting time + transfer time + travelling time could add up to over 2 hours one way. By car it will take ± 1 hour. But then you will need to find a parking space ...

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,530 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Yep not an easy trip by public transport. By car in the evening without traffic yes an hour but you will be crossing some of the busiest roads in NL to get back so it could take double that and as Eirlover said then you have to park with the additional costs involves. Even the P+R option will mean that you have to get into town by public transport with the additional time that will take.

Omaha
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I'm looking at working in Waalwijk during the day but want to make it to a concert in Amsterdam in the evening. Sounds like it may not work for me. I appreciate the travel time information.

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

We are considering a home exchange in Waalwiijk.

What about driving to Den Bosch and taking the train to Amsterdam? Is there parking at the station in Den Bosch?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,638 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Yes but paid parking only.

There are frequent buses from Waalwijk bus stand, in the city centre, to Den Bosch station. 30-45 mins travel time.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Morristown, New...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

any taxi cabs? if so, what's the approximate cost from amsterdam to waalwijk?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,638 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk

Yes of course that exists. Yes of course, seeing the salary structure here, the cost is relatively exorbitant. I'd guestimate in the range of 200-300 euro.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Reply to: Best way from Amsterdam to Waalwijk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waalwijk