We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Netherlands bike trip

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
29 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Netherlands bike trip

Hello has anyone ever booked a bicycle tour through tripsite.com? Theres some tours that we are interested in but I am not sure how reliable or recommendable they are. If anyone has done this or knows of a good bicycle tour operator I'd appreciate it.

8 replies to this topic
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Netherlands bike trip

I am also looking for info on Tripsite. The trip I want is supposed to be lead by France Bike Tour, but I can't find any info on them either.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Netherlands bike trip

I just reserved an Amsterdam to Bruges bike + boat tour through Tripsite. I don't have any personal knowledge of the company, but can tell you that I will be traveling this summer with a group of neighbors who are repeat customers. They have actually taken this Amsterdam to Bruges bike + boat tour before and liked it so much that they are going again. Sounds like a solid recommendation to me.

Also, it seems to me to be a very reasonably priced tour and includes bikes, a guide, cabins with twin beds and private bath, and three meals per day.

Floral Park, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Netherlands bike trip

Looking for information on tripsite bike and barge trips: has anyone taken a tour?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,565 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Netherlands bike trip

I would pick a tour with a good lastminute cancellation policy. If you have rain for a week it really suks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Netherlands bike trip

I used tripsite last year for a Paris to Bruges trip. They have been fine to work with. They are basically a broker and sell places on the different barges. It might be slightly cheaper to track down the actual barge owners to book directly. Have tried that and found the barge operators very unreliable in terms of responding to emails etc. I have taken two bike/barge trips and will do a third this september. They are great people, friendly and cheerful when you keep asking questions. April

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Netherlands bike trip

signing in was weird so not sure if post happened. Repeat: I more or less said Tripsite is a very decent helpful company. Did a bike/barge from Paris to Bruges last year that was excellent and used them again this year for a trip in the fall from Paris to Nevers.

Oregon, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Netherlands bike trip

tripsite.com is more expensive than other companies, so I suggest booking with others. They charge you for their wire fees and also 4 or 5% for credit card processing. Crazy! That's not how a modern company is supposed to manage business. Their tours are also more expensive than other tour dealers' offerings. They are just a broker offering different bike tours from other companies.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Netherlands bike trip

All these tour companies sell basically the same trips with the same boats. Like every business, they are just that-a business. I have taken three bike and barge trips in the last five years, two of them with Tripsite, and have been EXTREMELY satisfied. They put a lot of time in responding to my many many questions about trip dates, tours vessels, sea sickness questions, menus, etc. and have been very patient and very professional. Yeah, they charge wire fees, but so do the other companies, and you can always pay by check. We are planning our 4th trip (Paris/Bruges) through Tripsite as we have a lot of confidence in them. AceReader was completely correct when stating that trying to track down the boat owners was hard and they are not reliable about getting back to you. These trips can be fantastic. For me and my husband, we get the best of both worlds-he gets his biking in, I get just enough biking in to not tire me out, and we get to see sights and eat and drink great food and wines from the localities.

Reply to: Netherlands bike trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Edam