We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port aux Basques to Twillingate

Wilbraham...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Port aux Basques to Twillingate

How practical of a drive is this ? to try to do in one day ?

Thanks

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
674 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port aux Basques to Twillingate

If you come off a night sailing it would be no problem it is around 625 KM or I would think 7.5-8 hr drive slow going off the trans Canada up to Twilingate but you are also by passing Gros morne Park.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port aux Basques to Twillingate

We have driven all the way to St. John's in one day. Port aux Basques to Twillingate is do-able in a day but you won't have time to see much along the way.

Do not get off the ferry at night and drive - too many moose.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
982 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port aux Basques to Twillingate

Right answers above.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port aux Basques to Twillingate

I'd say if you came off the night ferry and did not have a cabin to sleep in, it might be sketchy to take a long drive right away. The PAB ferry is not long enough to really get a good rest (both times I used it, it arrived ahead of schedule) and you might feel tired for the rest of the day.

5. Re: Port aux Basques to Twillingate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Twillingate