We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Along with Gros Morne Mtn we would also like to do some short to medium hikes. Don't mind a bit of a challenge. The photographer in our group loves waterfalls, wildlife and flowers. Going in Late September of 07. Staying in Rocky Harbour area.

Cheers!

1. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2008, 06:23
Newfoundland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Definetly do green gardens! better as an over-night trip, but could be done in one day I guess.

Absolutely beautiful views.... I was blown away when we did this hike last year.

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
431 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

I found a very nice site on Gros Morne Park Trails.

www.cbc.ca/grosmorne/en/evidence_in_the_rock/

If you click on "Gros Morne Trails" under the heading "Interactive" on the right column, it opens a map. If you click on each trail, it has a video link for most trails.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

There are lots of trails in Gros Morne...both long and short.

Tablelands is another incredible walk....it is not overly long...but quite amazing to see.

Along with Green Gardens, Gros Morne Mountain, do the Western Brook Pond boat tour. There is a small hike into the pond...and the boat tour is great.

Check the website for all the trails, along with length and difficulty ratings.

Hope this helps

Alberta
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Great Link to the CBC website. We will be spending time in Gros Morne this summer with our 1 year old. We are hoping to go on a few hikes with her in the jogging stroller. Are many of the trails accesible, as long there are no stairs or steep climbs we will have no problems.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Go to http://artandcarol.ca/ and all your questions will be answered. We took their advice about the Lookout Trail from the Woody Point Discovery Centre. It was great! They have good photos too - and I have no affiliation with them at all.

Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Gros Morne Mountain is a great hike. It's only 608 m high but you have to be aware that you'll encounter an arctic-alpine climate which can be pretty harsh late September. Gros Morne deserves a lot of respect. Just read the signs on the trail head and along the trail carefully and pay attention to every detail. In doing so you'll have a safe and enjoyable hike and a great experience. For flowers it's going to be a bit late but sights of moose, caribou, arctic hare and rock ptarmigan are not uncommon.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

Thanks atcanad. It should be great.

Cheers!

Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

You'r quite welcome and sorry I gave you the wrong altitude of Gros Morne it's 806 m not 608.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hikes in Gros Morne?

I am greatly interested in the success of your trip to Gros Morne. It is currently on the short list for an annual backpacking trip for September 2008. I just returned from a nine day trip to North Cascades National Park trip which included a three day trip to Victoria BC with a couple of days along the Juan De Fuca Marine Trail. It was a great trip but we always try to push the envelope on subsequest trips and so far, from what I've read, Gros Morne might just do the trick.