We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cow Head dining

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Cow Head dining

I am considering staying in Cow Head and I don't see many dining options. Can someone let me know of restaurants that are in Cow Head or nearby and your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

travelus73

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cow Head dining

You're right, Cow Head is pretty isolated.

Vermont
Level Contributor
243 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cow Head dining

There's been a great chip van in Sally's Cove for years. It's between Cow Head and Rocky Harbor. Not fancy. You eat outside. But great fish and chips. Be sure to ask for gravy on your fries.

There are very few "fancy" restaurants in western Newfoundland. Menus look pretty similar from place to place. But summer is also festival time and you should be able to find lobster boils if you're there in season (til the middle of July or so) or, if you're really lucky, a newfie steak. I'll leave that to your imagination and surprise.

Have a great trip.

Jordan

Corner Brook, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cow Head dining

Hi travelus73,

I would suggest the Shallow Bay Motel as a good place to eat in Cow Head itself. Their restaurant specializes in seafood in-season, and there's also Neddies Pub & Eatery on site. For lunch, the Back Cove Café, also in Cow Head, is a great option.

Otherwise, you can head south to Rocky Harbour or Norris Point for more options. I've had great meals at the Oceans Room, Java Jack's and Jackie's Restaurant in Rocky Harbour, and also at the Cat Stop or Black Spruce in Neddies Harbour Inn, Norris Point.

Have fun!

Brittany

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
685 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cow Head dining

Like western NL has said we have two restaurants a large ocean front dinning room at the motel it seats around 120 and is good and has a varied menu and a small ma and pop type of place for sit down or take out.Another small restaurant in St pauls and the chip truck in sally cove which is ok for a quick drive by lunch. Dining any where on the NP is limited even in corner brook.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 13:54
Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cow Head dining

If you are thinking of staying in Cow Head, in our opinion, they have one of the best B & Bs we stayed at in our two week trip to Newfoundland. We highly recommend Sea Breeze (and we do not live there or have anything to do with that establishment). It's just that good!

6. Re: Cow Head dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 06:17