We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

I am trying to plan a trip to Gros Morne and I have come up with this itinerary starting in Deer Lake.

Day 1 - Drive to Cow Head,

Long Range Walking Trail

St; Mary's Botanical Walk

Arches Provincial Park

Portland Creek

Daniels Harbour

Lodging in Cow Head

Day 2 - Western Pond Brook Tour

Theater at night

Lodging in Cow Head

Day 3 - Drive to Rocky Harbour and check out the town of Rocky Harbour and Norris Point.

Maybe Boone Bay boat tour

Anchors Aweigh at night

Lodging in Rocky Harbour

Day 4 - See the Tablelands and I have 3 options.

1 - Drive there and stay in Woody Point.

2 - Drive there and stay back in Rocky Harbour to lessen the hotel hopping.

3 - Water taxi roundtrip from Norris Point to Woody Point and cab to Tablelands to have less driving

Note we do not like long or strenuous hiking.

Please comment on this itinerary and make recommendations or adjustments if one day may be to light or busy.

Thank you very much.

travelus73

Corner Brook, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

Hi travelus73,

Sounds like you're going to have a fun trip! You've chosen a lot of great things to see and do. I have a few thoughts.

You may want to move some of your activities from Day 1 into Day 2. If you do the Western Brook Pond tour in the morning, you'll find better rates on the tour and will still have time for some touring before taking in the Gros Morne Theatre Festival. Also, from personal experience, I find it gets really hot in that area of the park by lunchtime in the summer, so the morning tour is more comfortable.

When you're visiting Norris Point, you may enjoy the Bonne Bay Marine Station or a kayak tour with Gros Morne Adventures.

I also want to mention that you should avoid driving at night because there are a lot of moose on then roads. That might help you decide which of your 3 options to choose for the Tablelands, depending on how long you plan to spend there. You might also like to visit the Discovery Centre on the way to the Tablelands, or the town of Trout River further along.

Have fun!

Brittany

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
671 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

HI travel us

I live in the park, I am not sure of what you mean by long range hiking trail.

In Cow head area do the lighthouse trail,shallow bay beach,broom point fishing village,arches provincial park,in the evening take in a performance by theater Newfoundland Labrador, western brook pond tour is closer to Cow head than Rocky harbor and you drive past it going north to Cow head you would be around 1.25 hours to the WB parking lot from Deer lake, this might be a good time to take the boat tour.

Not sure why you want to go to Portland creek or Daniel's harbor as their is not a lot to do in either but Port Aux choix has a historical site but this would be around a 2.5 -3 hr return drive to Cow head.

Stay in RH buy a cheap made in china t-shirt or hat, do bonne bay marine or do some sea kayaking on bonne bay or another boat ride, do the anchors aweigh show go early!! do bakers brook falls trail or if in good shape do the mountain but remember not all things can be done in one day due to time. The mountain will be 6-8 hrs,bakers brook 9 km return so 2-3 hours.

Then I would stay in woody point or trout river instead of the 2nd night in RH due to the extra back tracking you would do by going back to RH and you will notice a huge price drop if your doing B&B's in woody point or trout river or Cow Head rather than RH.

If you going to do any paid tours, look on TA for reviews as one company is working out of sally's cove will promise you anything you want and deliver nothing.you can also contact me via TA privately

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

Definitely a good plan.especially recommend the Western Brook Tour and the Gros Morne Theatre Festival the same evening. You'll love the first class productions put on there

4. Re: Gros Morne 4 day itinerary - Please comment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:15