We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain and western brook pond boat tour

ottawa
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Rain and western brook pond boat tour

We are scheduled to do the western book pond tour on Sunday but the weather forecasts 35 mm of rain. Does the boat tour still go? Will we see anything?

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
641 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

Purchase your tickets on line as they don't take a credit card this way if its cloudy or pouring rain you dont have to go.Drive to the parking lot or hike in and then decide on the weather issue. If you cant see the top of the mountains dont go.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
641 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

I should have said, book online you don't pay for your tickets until after you hike in so you can decide at that time but once you purchase its no refunds don't do what one reviewer did is pay, then do the boat ride then demand your money back due to weather conditions its not going to happen and I don't blame Bon tours on their policy of no refunds after you take the boat tour.

They also are not going to give you or your 10 kids(lol) a ride in their 6 wheeler when its raining so dress accordingly.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 14:14
Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
468 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

Good advice from Greyhoundlover. My additional advice would be to check in with BonTours later today or tomorrow morning. If it is really windy they may cancel the tour. I heard that has happened this summer. If the tour is a "go" but you see poor visibility all around you, then I would skip it as there will not be very much to see.

ottawa
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

Thanks for all the advise. We went to the ticket office the day before and there was room to go on Saturday. It was very windy but the view was spectacular

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
641 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

The problem with pre purchasing your tickets is if they dont sail you get a refund, if they sail and YOU decide the weather is to bad well so sad no refund. I guess the advice wasn't taken and you got lucky. It is way better to book on line and pay at the dock.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

Was on a trip on a clear but windy day. They would not sell tickets until 12.20 when they decided that they would sail. However close to the entrance of the fjord proper the boat turned around and returned to dock where refunds were issued.

7. Re: Rain and western brook pond boat tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2015, 05:15