We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in Mid-March

ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Visiting in Mid-March

Hi. I'm currently planning our trip to Quebec City for mid-March. I am travelling with my husband, and 2 daughters, 15 & 10. I have been browsing through the reviews and most trips were done during the summer, and websites don't really say if they're open year-round. Are restaurants and shops are open in the winter? We will still be driving around the island regardless, but I would like to know what we can expect to see on the island in March. Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Visiting in Mid-March

Since nobody answered you.... I suggest that you call or email their tourism office.

…iledorleans.com/en/…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Visiting in Mid-March

I drove around the island on a trip back from Tadoussac last summer, i found it to be very underwhelming, a few apple orchards,and craft shops was all there was. waste of time in my opinion..

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Visiting in Mid-March

at that time of year very little, if anything, will be open. maybe an inn or 2, and a few restaurants, but that is it. the island is beautiful, but more so in spring and summer and early fall when the orchards, wineries, and specialty shops are also open.

JDP

ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Visiting in Mid-March

Thanks so much for your replies. I have emailed the tourism office and they will be sending me information on what's open on the island in March.

Reply to: Visiting in Mid-March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ile d'Orleans