We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foxy's

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Foxy's

Hi! We will be staying in St. John from the 11th-18th of October and would like to do a day trip to JVD. Does anyone know if Foxy's is up and running in October with afternoon or Sunday entertainment? A friend went last Oct, but very early in the month, and only the gift shop was open. Thanks!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foxy's

I have gone numerous times in October and it was always open. Plus, Foxy himself was there each time to give us some great live entertainment!!! That is by far my favorite place to stop and visit while in the VI. I will be there in November sipping a pain killer!

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foxy's

Thanks so much!!!! We were there back in 96' on a Monday in February, around noon. Foxy came walking up the beach holding a string of fish he had just caught, barefoot, with one pant leg rolled up. He posed for a picture and it came out great. My husband still has it in his office at work. haven't been back since then so we were hoping it would be open.........

PAXTON MA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Foxy's

bonniegal, we will be staying on jost during these times too, I was told that Foxy's will actually be closed in Mid October, so you might want to double check on this...maybe check foxy's website.

Jost Van Dyke, BVI
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Foxy's

Foxys' does not open until October 23rd.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foxy's

Oh, that's too bad that they will be closed. Oh well, we might still go over to JVD on the STJ ferry for the day. Any suggestions for where to have lunch? We want to go to the Soggy Dollar for a couple of painkillers after the beach, but not spend the whole day there! Thanks!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foxy's

We had a lovely lunch at Sidney's Peace & Love on Jost. It's the only place I've ever been to that has an honor bar; you make your own drinks and then prepare the bill. You write down your order and then give it to them. Plus the they have lovely little gift shops. The Sidney was a real sweetheart and gracious host.

Foxxy's was a huge disappointment, sorry.

I loved the BVI!!! Enjoy your time in there.

Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Foxy's

If you're doing a day trip, skip Foxy's (not much going on during the day) and head straight to White Bay. Check out the Soggy Dollar - always a nice scene - for a Painkiller, then head down the beach to One Love for lunch. They've got a great kitchen and all the seafood is locally caught by the family that owns it (had a lobster quesadilla there in January that I'm still dreaming about.) Alton Brown just did an episode on the place on The Food Network and said it was the best food he'd had in the caribbean - I agree.

The beach there is great and if you're lucky, Sedy, the owner, will treat you to his magic tricks.

Sunday would be a good day to go - lots more happening and Ruben will be playing his guitar & singing somewhere - probably the Soggy or at Ivan's. Have fun!

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foxy's

Thank you so much! It sounds like Sunday would be a good day to head over to JVD! Now, if I can just "control" myself the 1st night there and not have too many painkillers, so we can get up early to catch the ferry!

PAXTON MA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Foxy's

we spent 4 days on JVD October 17-21.

FOxy's was on a crappy part of the island, so I was not that impressed with it.

to me, Gertrudes is the best place to drink/eat with soggy dollar being a close second.....but everyone is different, try them all and decide for yourself.

...Ivan's stress free bar was disgusting.....we walked in and out in 30 seconds.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Foxy's

Steele66 ...gee...guess you won't be returning to jost any time soon. have to say i've never heard anyone describe Foxys as " on the crappy side of the island " and so sorry you found Ivans disgusting !!? i know we all have our own opinions but with yours i was a bit taken aback. as for Foxys , yes Great Harbour does not have the beauty that White Bay has but it is still a lovely, unique place . i so enjoy the "cruise" down to Foxys from Coraisrs, barefoot all the way listening to the beat of whatever music is on there. of course a stop at Ali Babas is a must to say hello . disgusting Ivans ??? come on we all know it's not a 5 star resort, we're talking basic, very laid back beach bar, campgrounds. myself i've stayed at Ivans in some of his cabins shared the bathroom / shower, ate, danced, sang at his BBqs and enjoyed every minute of my stay, people i met and of course Ivan !! he is a good soul..... now i know lots of people don't want to rough it and stay there but they still enjoy the beauty and unique place Ivan created. i am a 59 yr old woman, i've traveled and stayed in some of the "best" but i have NEVER found the peace and relaxation that permeates this place..so sorry you didn't find it. just my opinion... i'll be back on island in march...counting the days !!

Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations