We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

Thomasville
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

Can anyone tell me the simplest way to get to JVD from Virgin Gorda without spending 900 on a private charter? My resort on VG told me that I need to go from Spanishtown to Roadtown. Then, I need to take a taxi to another ferry dock. From there, I got to JVD. It seems like I would spend half the day traveling. This may be the case ! I appreciate the advice. Also, if you have suggestions for an off VG day trip, I'd appreciate it.

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
787 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

Check with the dive shops; some of them do day excursions.

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

Your resort is right. That's the only way to get to JVD by public ferry. These two islands are on the "opposite" sides of BVI and therefore are not well connected. 900 is also going rate for a small boat for a day, so you were quoted correctly. If you don't mind fairly short stop (drink and snorkel) on JVD look into Dive BVI's day trips. The one called Island Hopper may suit your needs. Unless, you are staying in St John or St Thomas as well, the ferry connections are better from there.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

It is difficult to get to Jost from VG because of where they are situated. You could go to Anegada for a day from VG as the ferry goes directly there a couple of times a week.

Thomasville
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

I appreciate everyone's responses! Now I have to research Anegada!

CO
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

You will absolutely love Anegada! It is totally different from the other islands in the BVI and Loblolly is one of the most beautiful beaches anywhere.

6. Re: Virgin Gorda to JVD ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations