We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to ferry on STT

Hershey...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to ferry on STT

How far is the ferry from airport on STT. Easy to get to by taxi??

Pennsylvania
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

Very easy to get to by taxi. Cost is approx. $15 per person (they charge by the person, not by the taxi). It will take 20 minutes if there is no traffic, but more likely figure 30-40.

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

Huh? Did it go up? It's $6 per person if 2 pax or more and $7 if 1 pax (plus I believe $1 per bag). Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal is 10 mins away from the airport.

I think Jaybur gave you info in regards to Red Hook ferry terminal which is farther away.

Which ferry dock do you want to go to? Is Jost your final destination? Ferries to West End (where you catch a ferry to Jost) leave both from CA and RH.

Schedules here:

www.bestofbvi.com/info/info_bviferry.htm

Edited: 16 January 2012, 00:40
Hershey...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

Yes we are heading to JVD from WE of Tortola. We will be hitching ferry from CA.

I thought someone said ferry to JVD IS $70.00 pp?? There is 2 ferry s we need so aren't there 2 separate fairs??

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

Thatt looks like a total cost of ferry trips. Roundtrip WE-JVD is $25 pp, the price of your CA-WE trip will vary depending which ferry you take, but it's $50 or more roundtrip pp. Fares are listed on the schedules' page.

Hershey...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

Thanks whiskers. Will do my research. Can't wait to be done with SNOW!!!!

6. Re: Airport to ferry on STT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations