We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do

Hi, Quick question here, I would appreciate any input... going to st thomas for the day, we want to go to virgin gorda and Jost Van Dyke, is it worth it? Any ideas/suggestions/must-dos?

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
90 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do

Yes,

Take the inter-island ferry and spend the day on White Bay. The most beautiful white sand beaches you will find. Great drinks (and food) at the Soggy Dollar (must see). Also, Seddy's One Love, Ivans, Great harbor has Foxy's and Corsairs.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do

Thank you!!!

What about the baths? Can we fit it all in if we are there from 7am to 6pm?

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
316 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do

Rent a boat and captain and you can do the Baths, Norman Island, Jost, Sandy Cay all by 4:30pm. You will have to clear customs in Virgin Gorda or Tortola and the day is yours to do what you want. Definately worth the money if you've never been before...Have a great time, no matter what you decide to do.

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do

Jost is much closer to STT. than Virgin Gorda. We have hired a charter in the past. Then you can go were ever you want. It seemed like a lot of $ but it was with out a doubt worth it. We have used Capt John who owns "Island Roots".

Boston
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do

If you are in STT for one day only I would not suggest trying to see both the Baths and Jost as they are in opposite directions. If you must go to the BVI, you will need a passport or a passport card and I would pick one of them and spend the day there. I would suggest that if you have not been to St John before that you might want to consider going there instead of the BVI as they have some of the nicest beaches in the world and it is much easier to get to with many, regular ferries and no clearing customs.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do

If you only have a day I’d go to St. John it’s a beautiful island. To really enjoy the BVI you need to spend some time on each island. We spend at least a week on Jost each year; White Bay, beach bars, diving, food, the people, for such a small island there are so many things to see and do. You can’t see much of Virgin Gorda in a day either.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do

You can fit them both into one day. Google New Horizon II charters- they have one day tours for $130 a person that hit the BATHS and JOST. You can check their reviews on trip advisor, they have great reviews! have fun!

8. Re: What to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:40
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke