We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years on JVD

nyc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
New Years on JVD

We're coming down to STT for the oil days and heard about the party on JVD. Is it possible for us to take a charter that night and return back to STT? What would be the best way together to/from the island? We'd love to go and just need some additionally details on how to work it out from STT, we plan to do day trips during the 2 weeks were there.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years on JVD

try this site www.dolphinshuttle.com/newyearseve.html

they are a water taxi/shuttle that have a pre tty good looking package deal to and from Jost for Old Years Eve with a bar -Molly's in Red Hook

id probably go this route if i was on St Thomas during New Years and wanting to go to Jost only because of the stories i've read trying to catch a regular ferry back after the party.

my wife and I are going there for new years but leaving from Cane Garden - the hotel contact tells me there are shuttles from Cane Garder to Jost that nite but i can't find very much info -if anyone has any please let me know - thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years on JVD

Thank you for sending this, I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. I couldn't find this information any where online when I googled.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
996 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years on JVD

Thanks we were looking for information also!

BVI
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years on JVD

There will be lots of speed boats heading that way, running trips with people back and forth. There is a company that sells day trips that has an office in redhook called charterhouse yacht club. I think they have contracts with boats that can help you out. let me know if you can not find them or their phone number and I'll get it for you. Captain Paradise

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years on JVD

We are heading to JVD for New Years. We made reservations for the "upper crust" at Foxy's on Old Year's Night. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on dress code. If anyone has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. My boyfriend and I will be staying on Jost Van Dyke for a week, but didn't know if we should pack something special for the partay...

BVI
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years on JVD

It is very, very casual... even upstairs. Capt. Paradise

nyc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years on JVD

We contacted Dolphin water taxi and got the low down, thanks for the link JohnLee. My main question would be how early do people go over that aren't staying on the island. Do people just hang out during the day and lay in the beach or is it one big ole party day/night? I'm trying to figure out which shuttle time to take so I can last to take the shuttle back at 2am. lol

I'm assuming no place to put a bag so wearing a bathing suit means you'll be in it all day/night.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years on JVD

I think the party is 2 to 3 days long "music festival" with the main party being new years I will be going late morning is my guess on new years, spend the day and nite -get back to hotel in the morning sometime on Tortola -I would wear a bathing suit as you mentioned and have one change of cloths .

my wife will probably bring a large enough bag to keep stuff we will need for the day, maybe a small back pack, i'm even thinking about bringing a small tent and put it up on the beach somewhere . its hard to get detailed info regarding new years eve for here but not knowing exactly what's going to happen is kind of exciting. I just found this site tonite -you may already have seen it www.foxysbar.com/cam/index.html

my guess is every day rules will not apply -it will be so busy you just have to go with the flow - at least with the Dolphine Taxi package you know you will get back to your hotel -eventually.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years on JVD

On New Year's Eve day, there is a HUGE beach party all day long at the Soggy Dollar in White Bay. Think Spring Break...it's fun and loud, and crowded! Then, that night the party moves down to Foxy's and it is fun, loud and crowded too. All the bars along Great Harbor have parties, barbecues, and beers for sale. There are several booths set up with what I'd call "street food" (fried fish, patties, roti, etc.) along Great Harbor as you walk back and forth between Foxy's and the other bars. It's a great time!

nyc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years on JVD

Thank you, Goddess sounds like you've been. Can you tell me do people bring bags with them to change for night? Or do you not need a bathing suite for during the day. If you've gone what time do you recommend to head on over. We're going to take the Dolphin Water Taxi and trying to decide what time to go and ensure we're still standing by midnight :)

Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke