We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
499 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

Thinking of booking a last minute trip to Cayo Coco. Which of these hotels would you suggest? Need to know asap because the trip is filling up. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

I've just booked two weeks at the tryp in autumn. The sales advisor at Thomas Cook had been their twice and she really enjoyed it. I'm sure either one will be Fab!! Have a great holiday!

england
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

strongly recommend the yo visit the Tryp as we had the misfortune to visit the blau in january we had to move hotels half way through the holiday we spoke to a few couples staying at the Tryp on day trips and they said the hotel is great

toronto
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

I strongly recommned the Blau, I have stayed at both and personally prefer the Blau.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

Sorry Cubamama !!!! But I have to vote for Tryp ,But the Blau is very nice as well.... Tryp all the way ....

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

Well, there you go....three different opinions.

Flip a coin!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

I think it depends on what your needs are... if you're looking for a fun party atmosphere, then I would suggest go to the Tryp. Also, this resort was apparently full of Canadians.

The Blau Colonial is a really beautiful resort but it's good if you want to just relax all day. The disco was dead the entire week we were there. There is no nightlife at this resort after the shows are over. There were only two or three Canadian couples there during our stay. The rest were all from England or Wales. Blau is also mostly couples.

My hubby and I (both in our early 30s) loved the Blau in terms of food and the way it looked. Also, the beach was never crowded like the beach in front of the Tryp resort. The only reason I wouldn't go back to the Blau is because of the lack of nightlife.

So it all depends on what type of vacation you are looking for...good luck.

Jackie

7. Re: blau colonial or tryp cayo coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco