We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue bay cayo coco

canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
blue bay cayo coco

I am very interested in seeing this hotel.. the price was right on line for the week of dec26th for me .. how does anyone know anything about this is its not open yet???? wopuld love some info on it .. thanks, joanne

Saint-Lambert...
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue bay cayo coco

Hi Joanne!

I've seen it built... slowly... very slowly :-)

I'll be next door Christmas and New Year's at the Oasis Playa Coco. I have been to this hotel a lot and the staff for the Blue Bay is going to be the most experimented staff of Playa Coco. Management is going to be people trained at Playa Coco. As the buildings are new, do not expect too much vegetation but your room is nicely sized. The beach is really the best feature. The meals are great as far as I am concerned, if you know a little about Cuba, you know that their culture as far as food is concerned is quite different. The do not eat vegetables like we do so you have a little selection only but the bread is great, the ice cream to die for nd their really do with what they have.

Now, they open part of the hotel on November 1st. I will be able to tell you more when I return from Paya Coco on September 8th.

Best regards,

Marie-Chantal

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: blue bay cayo coco

Hello Marie-Chantel,

How was your trip to Cuba? any updates on the Blue Bay Resort? I hope its finished :) haha

Mike

Saint-Lambert...
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blue bay cayo coco

Hi Mike !

The trip was... interesting. My flight was cancelled as I was scheduled to return September 8th and on that day, we had an unwanted visitor... Ike. I returned September 10th with loads of memories. While I always enjoyed my vacations at Playa Coco, I admit that I will enjoy them even more now knowing how I felt protected and cared for. I often travel alone and while I was scared ar times, the staff went the extra mile to make sure we were all confortable even when they had not idea of how their own families were doing. I always admired the Cubans for their warmth, this just prooved it.

Now, for the Blue Bay. Upon my arrival, I asked for a tour and it was arranged but we had to cancel it as management was busy preparing for Ike's arrival. I know that the pool is now a hole in the ground, no running water yet and the lobby is not finished yet. Management was surprised when I told them the hotel was offered to Canadians starting November 1st (actually, I got a big laugh). Now, with workers repairing existing hotels, I have no idea when it will be ready. I am going back to Oasis Playa Coco with two friends on November 2nd returning ovember 16th. I will ask for a tour then.

Best regards,

Marie-Chantal

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: blue bay cayo coco

I am interested as well, I've seen some pictures but none of the pool! Anyone know anything about this place?

ps...I am looking to go the week of the 26th as well!

Mel

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blue bay cayo coco

just left hotel beside and they are saying december 15th opening.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: blue bay cayo coco

I was just evacuated last saturday from oasis and the people that work there and are moving to blue bay are saying dec. 15th!

cdpaquette
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: blue bay cayo coco

Me and a group of friends are booked at the Blue Bay for Dec. 26th. We have heard that the opening is December 15th as well but we're all very worried because it has already been pushed back a few times. We havent been given any other options either. Please keep me informed if you hear anything!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: blue bay cayo coco

If worse comes to worse, you will just be transferred to another hotel on Cayo Coco free of charge upon arrival, and quite often when this happens, you end up being upgraded to a better hotel, so you guys shouldn't stress.

montreal
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: blue bay cayo coco

don't think you can get 'upgraded' from a spankin new blue bay resort. i am going on the 30th with full confidence. habs rule !!!

montreal
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: blue bay cayo coco

by the way, sure many are looking for some reassurance regarding this resort. will post comments upon my return. trust me, i research these things quite obsesively. based on past experiences i would not worry about the whole 'new resort' thing. hope the sun is shining for all those who will be in the cayos for the new year.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco