We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
montreal
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
skyservice airline

we're going to fly to cayo coco in january and will be flying with skyservice. we flew with them about five years ago. we don't remember if it was a good one.is it comparable to air canada and air transat.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skyservice airline

Good Question,

Over the past ten years we have sworn by and against Skyservice.....and Transat.....and AC......and others. It seems to rotate over every few years as to who is better however I would have no trouble going with Skyservice.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: skyservice airline

We flew with them to Cayo Coco in 2005, no problems there. Flew with them to Antigua in January 2007. They had just changed their meals over to "hand held" fast food type things. We were served the same disgusting "quesidillas" on way there and back. A lot of people didn't eat them. I usually like airplane food, but this was something else! Who wants to eat with their hands on a plane? It's not like there are many hand-washing opportunities! Other than that no problems (except late departure due to storm)

I'm sure it can be hit and miss with any airline though! The main thing is they get you there and home safe!

Toronto
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skyservice airline

Skysquish?

Yeah...seats are crowded. Food was really bad...last trip we had a mini frozen "dinner" of fried rice with sweet & sour "chicken" balls. My husband is tall (6'4in)...he couldn't get the try down past his chest...we shared my tiny little tray.

If you can avoid them... BUT, if you can't, it will still get you to Cuba...and paradise!

Enjoy your trip!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
919 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skyservice airline

I flew Skyservice in 07 and Transat in 08.I`d say Skyservice was a bit tighter than Transat but it wasn`t that big of a difference. Transat`s food was definately better. When it comes to service Skyservice was hands down way above Transat.We had problems both ways on the Transat flight with our pre-booked and paid for seats...Skyservice was no problem at all.The attendants on Skyservice were friendly and helpful, on Transat most (but not all) were not friendly and even downright rude.

I hear that Westjet is great and that AirCanada was good as well...I`ve only flown AC for short trips to Toronto, so I can`t really comment on them for longer flights.

Whoever you go with just remember that you`re on your way to the sun,surf and sand!!!

5. Re: skyservice airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 17:36
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco