We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argghhhhh......

essex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Argghhhhh......

I have just filled in our entry forms for Cuba filled in everyones ok came to mine..... i put my name round the wrong way!!!! just called the branch where we booked our holiday they weren't very helpful just said ... ohh try to sort it out in cuba?!! Any advice? x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argghhhhh......

Dont Alter it and plead ignorance in Cuba if they question it, try your luck, you have nothing to lose, worst case scenario is you may have to pay for a new one, it's worth a go....Good Luck

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,103 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argghhhhh......

Tricky one that, because it is an obvious error. The branch where you booked wouldn't have any idea at all, as you can see.

If you say nothing you might get away with it. Crossings out draws attention to it and you need to be careful when crossing out items anyway.

To be on the safe side and for the sake of £20 (though you may be charged £15) I would get another one.

essex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Argghhhhh......

Thank you..... have just called the departure desk they were alot more helpful! yes he will issue a new one for £15 so will do that x

Cornwall
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argghhhhh......

Kelly7724,

When are you going? We haven't filled in any forms and we are going in Jan?

Thanks x

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,103 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argghhhhh......

biggavtbird:

Don't worry this is the tourist card that Kelly is referring to. It only comes a couple of weeks before you fly usually with your tickets but,in the case of First Choice, by separate cover around ten days before you fly.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argghhhhh......

yes , you have to be very careful when filling it in as everything is written back to front like the american / french way of doing things. dates etc are written back wards. year- month -date sort of thing. . bg

essex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Argghhhhh......

We are travelling on tuesday, we got ours with our tickets and yes be careful, i had filled in the others first made no mistake with the 4 of them come to mine and arrgghhh oh well not to worry to much will collect a new one on tuesday x

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Argghhhhh......

Hiya

I've been though customs so many times ... filled so many out and I still made the same mistake as you ...

I did nothing and nothing happened.

Made another similar mistake once and smply put one line thru and made correction with no problem

Mardi

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
711 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Argghhhhh......

Personally I would just leave it, plead ignorance and see if you get away with it. Worst case is you pay for a new one there which is the same as getting a new one now. We have had small errors (and not so small) before and they have let us off every time. Now that I say that of course they will be sticky but you are still no worse off trying it....

kent
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Argghhhhh......

i did the same last year and panicked that i would need to get new one etc.. i ended up paying over the phone for a new one and when i got to the airport i was able to just pick one up from the first choice desk..they didnt even check my tickets or anything..so i needn't have paid or ordered one..

i would say just go to the airport and ask at the travel desk, say your agent told you to get one from there!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco