We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cave Nightclub

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
The Cave Nightclub

Hey, just looking for something for my friends & I to do on our stay at the Oasis Playa. I've heard a few people talking about this & it sounds like fun. Anyone have a review of the Cave, plus how much it costs & how you arrange to go. Also, how safe was it. We're 3 girls, 20 & 21 years old & don't want to end up somewhere sketchy. Thanks!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cave Nightclub

Very safe. You will need to take a taxi there I believe (not sure where the Oasis Playa hotel is), so when you take a cab, make sure you negotiate the price BEFORE you leave. To get an idea how much it should cost, ask the reception, so that way the driver won't fool you by inflating the price. If the reception says it should cost 5CUC for the ride, and the driver asks for 10, you know what to do!

The entrance to the disco I believe is 10CUC, and each drink is like 1 or 2 CUC, so pre-drink from free at your hotel beforehand.

It does get crowded and hot in there, but when I was there in April 08, they had a very powerful AC system by the bar, so it was always a good place to cool off while you waited for drinks.

And since you are females, do bring toilet paper as from what I heard there is none, or if its there, you pay for it.

But overall, it is a fun place to experience, good music, good crowd and very safe.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cave Nightclub

Awesome! Thank you so much!

montreal
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cave Nightclub

When I go to the Melia, I usually go to the Bat Cave.

Usually, an entertainer helps me get a ride there and back.

It costs 10cuc for the entrance, but you do not pay for drinks (they are included) and the fare go & back is 5cuc.

The atmosphere on the dance floor is great. The music pretty good.

Ask around the hotel (entertainers), and they will help you with this.

Have fun!

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cave Nightclub

when are you going?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cave Nightclub

Feb. 14th-21st

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
697 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cave Nightclub

When I went a couple of years ago from the Sol Cayo Coco..there was a "train". The cost was $10 and this included the transportaion and the admission....

but you will love it...you girls are the perfect age...TIP: bring your own TP....they have a little (seatless) toilet with no paper....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cave Nightclub

"It costs 10cuc for the entrance, but you do not pay for drinks (they are included)"

This is outdated information, it used to be like this in the past at the Cave club and the other Varadero clubs, but nowadays you pay for each drink.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cave Nightclub

I was there in December and the drinks were included with the price of admission.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cave Nightclub

Also Radster.....this is the Cave Club in Cayo Coco that she is speaking about.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cave Nightclub

Most resorts in cayo Coco offer a ride to the cave via the small train, the animation crew will likely be going one or two nights a week, check with them before hand. Not sure if the train will stop at Oasis Playa Coco, it's kinda far from the other resorts on cayo coco, but with Blue Bay now open it may service both. A bit of a dusty ride on the train so you may still want to cab it down and back.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco