We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo coco things to do

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo coco things to do

hi guys

me and the better half are off to krystal villas in September and are looking at things to do.I've read mixed reports about the hotel but to be honest,an ex soldier and a Yorkshire girl,we'd be happy with a matress and a sheet! We've booked through a cheaper than cheap company which naturally won't have a rep(or a shared one with other crap companies) so would like some info on what to do as it all seems outdated on here.we want to swim with dolphins,and also wouldn't mind the speed boat carry on,any views/info would be appreciated,also is it best to book here or is it easy enough when we get there?would hate to arrive and not get the chance,especially the dolphins.....I'd be divorced!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo coco things to do

There was a dolphin trip from that area when we went two years ago,we chose the afternoon/evening one. You had time in the water with the dolphin, you could do a trick with the dolphin, dolphin show, sealion show and then dinner with afro cuban dancers - quite good.

We had planned to get out on the Katamaran to snorkle but one of our group was having kidney stone issues so we decided against it. There was also a day trip into the town of Moron.

there will be quite a selection of trips I am sure

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Yes, there's the dolphins, the speed boats were fun too! Also a snorkel trip, Moron trip, and whatever they are calling the Colourful Cuba trip now. It's a full day that takes you for a boat ride on Lake Redonda, a crocodile farm, lunch at a farm, sugar mill & stop for a look around Moron.

:)

Harlow
Level Contributor
25 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Hi Henryhoover when abouts are you going>? myslef and my bf are goin krystal villas 21 sep-06 oct??? CANNOT WAIT!! :-)

montreal
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo coco things to do

you will have a great time,ignore the bad reviews its not that bad. find wilber the bartender and have a drink and he will keep you entertained.have fun.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Cayo Coco is absolutely beautiful IMO. If you are interested in any cuban city life though, I'm afraid it's a bit of a drive to Moron and even farther to any city that is the least bit interesting period. A great BEACH holiday you will get in Cayo Coco......I will predict.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Check out these places on Cayo coco.

Sitio La guira, La Silla. Cueva jabali. Flameco beach. Playa Projibida. Playa Pilar, El Baga Nature Park,....

I suggest going to your orientation meeting to find out more!

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo coco things to do

I stayed there last year for 2 weeks and going back there again for 2 weeks. Playa Pilar is a MUST SEE!!! It cost only 5 CUC and the bus picks up from the hotel and picks you back up as well. I cannot wait to see this beach again. Just be sure to get the first bus out there. Because if you want shade, well I dont, but my guy needed it...you should get there on the first bus out!! Lawn chairs are 1 CUC not a big deal...when at breakfast we made sandwiches and took snacks with us I brought some ziplock bags and good thing cause the food place there didnt have want we wanted to eat FRIES!!! Hahahah we are not seafood eaters which they had plenty of that! So if it wasnt from packing lunch at breakfast we would have starved in the sun!! We took the 2nd last bus back.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Hi Trelo,

My GF and I have just booked NH krystal, arriving Sept. 4. We have both been to DR a few times and are used to go off resort to exlore the local culture.

How long is the bus ride to Playa Pilar? and aside from being a beautifull beach, what is Playa Pillar about? Any local shops to purchase local crafts/jewellery/coffee?

Have you been to Moron and again, are their shops, historical land marks, restaurants etc? How do you get there? is it a "tour" with guide or just hop on a bus and explore?

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo coco things to do

A bus come and picks you up and drops you back off at the hotel.

There are certain pick up and drop offs. Be sure your there cause you wont find a way back to your hotel after, unless you pay a local or something.

This beach is nothing like what you see in your hotel. There are NO rocks, NO weeds, No nothing....white white sand, simply breath taking! The buses come to the hotel and go to many others cause we went to so many hotels it just just short of an hour I guess?? But its great you get to see a lot cause its during the day. We were told by someone to take the first bus out which was 8am, cause then all the locals come and use up all the shade there!! We we got up early ate breakfast and took off. We brought some food with us there in ziploc bags, thank god cause the place there that sells the food had mostly seafood and we dont eat seafood. Bring toilet paper with you just in case, the only thing the bathrooms were awful!

No shops or gift carts or anything like that on the beach no, cause its a tourist island only

DIdnt go to Moron but are going when we go back this coming week.

Hope this helps

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo coco things to do

Thank you very very much Trelo, really appreciate it. Give us an update on Moron when you return.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco