We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

We have been to a Melia hotel before and it was lovely. We were very keen to go on the one here, but read a review about someone getting there eyes burnt in the pool cos of chlorine so wanted to know what others thought. thanks.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,333 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

Not stayed at this hotel but I would never put too much faith in one review. You need to read a selection of reviews posted at all times throughout the year to get a truer picture of the resort.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

The Melia is actualy the top hotel in cayo coco, enjoy your stay and save some rum for me

norfolk
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

We stayed at the melia begining of June while they were doing work on the pool which was out of action for three days, we didn't have any problems and as far as i know no one else did.I think they check the water on a daily basis for the chlorine.Go and enjoy your holiday its a great place to stay and the staff are awesome especially Alex,Aylec,Milly,Ismary,and Raphael in charge of the towels.Can't wait for next year to return!!

4. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 18:35
toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

i just came back from melia {july 25\10) pool was good, everyone was swimming with no problems, not sure what happen before at this pool, but as of now its good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

Thanks guys, my mind is made up, we will go there!

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

you will love it, stayed there last march and did not want to come home, was intending on going back september but hubby cant have holiday until the day after the flight so opted for varadero instead

Cardiff
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

You sound as though you've already decided, but please do not let that review put you off. I have been to the Melia Cayo Coco 3 times and have another 2 holidays booked to return again. It is the best hotel on Cayo Coco and in my experience the staff and management can't do enough for you. Book it and love it like we do. If you are there in October or next April we may see you.

Debbie Cooper

9. Re: Question re the Melia as bit concerned.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco