We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

Does anyone know the cost of the speed boat tour, how long are you out on the boat, how many people can fit on 1 boat etc.? and my husband was considering bringing some fishing equipment, has anyone tried fishing in the Cayo Coco area just from shore, I know the water is probably really shallow (we are going to Blue Bay) or do they have fishing tours and does anyone have any idea how much that would cost, also if you bring fishing equipment from Toronto do these fishing items have to be packed in your stowaway luggage or put in a case in your carry-on, it probably sounds like a silly question but in all the years that we have travelled to Cuba my husband has never fished there, we have a cottage in Haliburton and he does enjoy fishing but it is so different here with fishing seasons for certain fish and licencing Any info on these subjects would be very much appreciated.

Level Contributor
6,355 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

We did it in March, can't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.

The boats can fit two adults and a child. Have to be 18 to drive the boat. It was a blast, but there would be no time to fish. There was some time for snorkeling in a mangrove 1/2 way through, that was good.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

If you go to the top of the page and type fishing in the " search in " spot you'll get all kinds of info on fishing.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

Speedboats are approx $40 CUC/person, the trip is 1/2 day long & you can choose to go in the morning or afternoon. The boats fit 2 ppl, so you can each take a turn to drive. The ride to the snorkel spot is more difficult in the sense it is winding, the ride back is more open water, less turns to navigate. I can't remember the exact length of the boat rides, I'll say maybe 10-15 mins each way.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Speed boat tour in Cayo Coco etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco